We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent Lunch Close I-75

South Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Decent Lunch Close I-75

We will be driving up to Blue Ridge from South Florida, but on our way we will be trying to meet up with a friend who lives in Macon. Any suggestions as to where we should have lunch that won't be too far off I-75? We need to be up in Blue Ridge around 3:30 or 4:00 if possible. Thanks for any suggestions!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,028 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

At the Arkwright/Riverside exit on I-75 (not I-475) there is a Cracker Barrel, Steak n Shake, Chick Fil A , McDonalds, and a chinese and mexican restuarant. We have never eaten at the chinese or mexican restuarants so cannot remember their names but have eaten at the others. Oh and there is also a Longhorns Steakhouse about a half mile off the interstate. Hope this helps.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

i'd go a long way for a nu way, nu way weiners. macon's orginal.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,028 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

Oh yes nu ways are great but they don't have a place right near the interstate.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

yes they do, two in fact, great scambled dogs and that great shaved ice in the drinks....i have gone a long way for a nu way

South Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

Thanks for all the suggestions. Would love to try Nu Way, but not sure my friend will. You've all been real helpful!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,028 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

Thanks bbqman- only gone to nu way in town- glad to know!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,028 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

I checked and it is about one and a half miles from the Arkwright exit. Will have to try that one next time we are in Macon- probably next weekend.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
1,216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

from the backside of the restaurant it's no more than 400 yards to the interstate ramp goinig north.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

Sorry, not a big fan of the nuway, but its been around like 100 years so they must be making someone happy. If you can make it a little further, there is a great country restaurant in Jackson GA:

http://www.buckners-restaurant.com/

But this is the type of restaurant where you are sat with strangers at a large table, and they serve you all-you-can-eat, lazy-susan style.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decent Lunch Close I-75

I forgot to mention that Buckners is only open Thurs-Fri, and is about 30-35 miles north of macon, right on I-75 (puts you closer to blue ridge). About half way in between is The Whistle Stop Cafe (famous from the movies) in Juliette, but not as close to the interstate.