We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox Glacier - Lake Matheson & Glacier Face

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
Save Topic
Fox Glacier - Lake Matheson & Glacier Face

Can I know how much time minimum do I need to visit both starting from Fox Glacier Village ? I understand they are both in different directions.

Is it possible to walk from Fox Glacier village to the car park ? It's 6km(4 miles). I guess it will take an hour to reach but I am afraid the cold winter will slow me down. Is there any economical public transport to go and return(car park) ?

TQ.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox Glacier - Lake Matheson & Glacier Face

Hi, Fox Tours and Shuttles phone 0800 369 287 will take people to Lake Matheson and Gillespies Beach however I do not know if they operate in the winter months.

You can use them to get to the Fox Glacier car part as well.

foxglaciertourism.co.nz/activities/fox-glaci…

Essentially both places are pretty hard to get to on foot given the long distances from the village.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,049 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox Glacier - Lake Matheson & Glacier Face

TQ, I just telephoned them. They can do it everyday even in winter :-)

Isn't Fox Glacier car park very much nearer to the village ?

Thinking of saving NZD12.

Fox Glacier, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fox Glacier - Lake Matheson & Glacier Face

fox glacier shuttle $12 return pp 0800369287

4. Re: Fox Glacier - Lake Matheson & Glacier Face

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 14, 2014