We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging near Hahei

Which Hahei hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging near Hahei

Hoping someone can offer some advise on reasonably priced lodging in the Hahei area. It will be my husband, sister and I staying for 2 nights in Feb 2014. I am making myself cross eyed trying to find the best combination of price, privacy, location. We want to see Hot water beach and cathedral cove. We will have a car. We are all around 60 yrs old and in good shape. Thanks for any advice/recommendations. Tricia

4 replies to this topic
Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging near Hahei

Maybe you could give us an idea of what you would like to spend per night in NZ$.

USA
Level Contributor
127 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging near Hahei

Certainly, less than $200/night. Thanks Tricia

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
744 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging near Hahei

As you have a car I don't think you need to limit yourselves to staying in Hahei itself. There are other places nearby that you can drive to see attractions such as Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach. Two places we have stayed and enjoyed recently and within your price range are both B and B's - Flaxhaven Lodge and Mussel Bed B and B. Both are on Trip Advisor and even if you don't go with those two you will see other accommodation options in the area. Both these places are an easy drive to the attractions you want to see and only a short distance from the lovely ferry trip across to Whitianga town. You will enjoy the area I am sure.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging near Hahei

+1 to Flaxhaven Lodge, we stayed earlier this year and it was very nice. The lovely owners couldn't have been more helpful and we enjoyed an excellent boat trip from the Ferry Landing jetty which went to Cathedral Cove. Hot Water Beach was OK, but not the best part of our stay in the area.

Reply to: Lodging near Hahei
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hahei
Recent Conversations