We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

Level Contributor
8 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

Hi,

What have people done in terms of reserving a room at La Selva? Direct or via agencies? And do they still have issues with critters in the room?!

Thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,539 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

I don't think it would matter who you booked with, although I would recommend asking La Selva to arrange your flight.

Critters are a fact of life in the rainforest. Keeping them out would require cinder block buildings instead of the local building style. The rooms have mosquito nets over the beds, so use those. Keep a flashlight by the bed in case you need to get up in the middle of the night; flash it around the floor before getting up (but don't look). I don't like insects either!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
78 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

hi

have you been to la selva yet? we are trying to decide between La Selva and NWC! la selva does seem more responsive (email-wise) and their program seems fuller??

thanks

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,539 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

NWC gets rave reviews on the forum. You wouldn't be making a mistake choosing one over the other. Pick the one that fits your dates and budget.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

Go through Columbus Travel they were excellent.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

Go to La Selva, it's fantastic!

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

La Selva is extremely well run

Read my review!

7. Re: Is it better to book direct or via agency for La Selva?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, March 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Yasuni National Park