We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Reservations

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Reservations

We are planning on being in Montanita from December 29 to Jan2. Should we book in advance and make a reservation for a place to stay, or can we just show up?

Because it is NYE do we need to book a minimum number of nights?

Any reccomendations of where to stay? We are on a bit of a budget and there will be 3 of us. (couple + 1 single). Can we find a private room for about U$15 a person?

thanks!

Go Montanita S.A.
Parasailing & Paragliding, Scuba & Snorkeling
Opeturmo
Gear Rentals, Parasailing & Paragliding, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Cascadas de Dos Mangas
Other Outdoor Activities
Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Reservations

Montanita is the hippies paradise of Ecuador.

At New Years it gets completely crowded so definetely you have to book in advance. People from all over the country and lots of backpackers gather here to say goodbye to the ending year.

Lots of bars are open at the beach and they play music until 7 am on New Years Eve. Montanita is a great place to spend this special time of the year.

If you are divers there are great diving oportunities at isla El Pelado.

Best place for eating authentic Ecuadorian coast food is hostal El Velero.

Saludos cordiales,

Dennis Yepez

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Reservations

www.swispointmontanita.com nice trips from $15 or so

Best if you are there for hippie dodgy druggy party experience

other options Balsa Surf Camp for surf

for diving nature www.exploradiving.com

prettier fun quieter www.hosteriamandala.info

my fav good discounts with www.guanguiltaguas.com Eva

Happy Hunting do book it will be chock a block.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Reservations

Try hotel baja montanita. Remember to check early as new year is definately super crowded!

Corina

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
185 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Reservations

Thank you everyone for your great information. I now have some doubts about where we will go in Ecuador and we may spend New Years Eve in Banos.

(I have posted my questions in a new topic, so hopefully, you all will be able to help me out again and give me some more great information)

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Reservations

I was in Montanita just after New Years this year, and although there is a substantial party scene, there are many other facets of the beach town especially if you meet the real locals who have been there for generations. Book surf lessons with Montañita Adventure Tours on Calle de los cocteles, a true local establishment. Hotel Bambu is great as well — little cabanas on the hillside, away from the craziness of the beach area.

Head to Puerto Lopez afterwards to go to Isla de la Plata.

Edited: 7:14 pm, January 30, 2011
6. Re: Hotel Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 24, 2012