We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with hotels in Hawaii

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
help with hotels in Hawaii

Hello,

I'm travelling to Hawaii in March 07 and was wondering if anyone could reccomend some good places to go and see.

We were thinking of staying in Waikiki for around 3 nights and then in Maui for around 3 nights as well.

Any suggestions on hotels etc..

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,220 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help with hotels in Hawaii

With only six nights, I'd stay on one island or the other the whole time. You might take one day-trip, say from Oahu to Kauai. It's a hassle making the hops. The flying time is nothing, but the airport security, luggage checking and dropping and renting cars takes a hunk out of your day.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with hotels in Hawaii

We stayed in Maui & did a day trip to Pearl Harbor + guided Island tour. Was real glad we chose to stay on Maui. More of he Hawaiian experience we were expecting. Waikiki gets pretty crowded.

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with hotels in Hawaii

Also, I'd look on vrbo & similar sites to rent a condo from an owner.

Warning... you will be looking hard, as this time of year is busy!

Boston
Level Contributor
133 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with hotels in Hawaii

With only six night I would stay on Maui. I would take a helicopter tour with Blue Hawaiian. Maui is beautiful on the ground, but you cannot imagine just how beautiful it is until you see it from the air. Waikiki is just a big, bustling city with a lot of noisy construction right now.

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with hotels in Hawaii

We stayed at the Hoyochi Nikko condos in March 2006, very nice location and RIGHT on the beach! Not sure about availability this close to March though, check out www.mauilodgings.com who is the rental agent for this property.

6. Re: help with hotels in Hawaii

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 27, 2009