We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant similar to Hula Grill in Wailea?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant similar to Hula Grill in Wailea?

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling to Maui with my husband in March and will be staying at the Fairmont in Wailea for the first half. Last time we stayed in Kaanapali and loved eating at the Hula Grill. Specifically we enjoyed the atmosphere (live music, sand bottom), great happy hour, and casual food that doesn't break the bank. Is there something similar to this restaurant in Wailea? Thanks in advance! I love reading this forum!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant similar to Hula Grill in Wailea?

Nothing with a sandy bottom!! Cheeseburgers is in the Shops at Wailea. MonekyPod up the hill. More cheaper options in Kihei. Most hotel's will offer some kind of live music. Stella Blue's in Kihei does also but no ocean view.

Kihei, Hawaii...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant similar to Hula Grill in Wailea?

the closest restaurant would be 5 palms at the Kihei end of Keawakapu Beach on the main level of the Mana Kai Condominium. great for lunch and they have an early and late happy hour. I would also recommend Fabiani's restaurant for a great wallet friendly option. they have one in Wailea in the Gateway center located in the back corner and their original location on Lipoa in Kihei both are great and have a bit different menus. Also try Sorentos on the Beach for dinner, but be sure to make reservations for sunset and ask for a front row table, a bit more expensive but worth it. Have fun

3. Re: Restaurant similar to Hula Grill in Wailea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 01, 2015