We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4S vs. Maui

Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4S vs. Maui

I know the Andaz just opened, but my husband and I are supposed to stay at the 4S in November to celebrate our fifth anniversary. Just learned about the Andaz last night, and now I'm wondering... Should we switch? In general, love staying at new hotels!

A little about us: we have a 1y.o. who will be staying at home, and this will be our first vacation away. We are looking for a luxurious, relaxing, romantic getaway.

Thanks for any input!

Idaho
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: 4S vs. Maui

The serenity pool is ALWAYS crowded, but something fun to do is this.....Go up there and put your name in, sit on the "bubbly steps" and relax or sit at the swim-up bar and have a few drinks! Usually there are chairs within an hour, especially in the afternoon. If you get up early and want to wait in a silly line, then go in the morning, but I think its so over-rated! The cabana's at the fountain pool are terrific and its quiet and relaxing as well.....

We stayed on the 8th floor, so we did happy hour up there, but we did go to the lobby lounge a couple of times and its was wonderful! Also Ferraro's for lunch and dinner........OUTSTANDING!!! At lunch the Lobster Salad Sandwich is too die for!!! Big enough to split between 2 and they will split it for you and the presentation is beautiful!

Any other questions, feel free to ask!!!

Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: 4S vs. Maui

Thanks! Very helpful. Do they give you kindles to use during your stay?

Idaho
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: 4S vs. Maui

Yes, they have Kindles for use during your stay.....and anything else you can think of!!! Because of the time difference I was up at 3 AM and would go down to the gym and get a workout in. The first night the treadmills weren't on, so I had to call to have someone come and turn them on for me (they turn them off from midnight-5AM) and when he came to turn them on he asked if I would be there every morning around this time, I said yes...So, the following morning when I got to the gym, they were turned on, towel on a treadmill with a bottle of water waiting for me! Talk about service!!!!

Idaho
Level Contributor
101 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: 4S vs. Maui

Also, you can walk the path at the beach, which goes for about 3-4 miles and walk to the Andaz and check it out! That is what we did! I promise you will be glad you are at the 4S...

35. Re: 4S vs. Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 01, 2014