We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito's

Frisco, TX
Level Contributor
325 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito's

Are the Mosquito's bad on Maui for trip coming next week?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
61,826 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito's

Generally, you won't have any problem with mosquitos near the resort areas. They are located on the dry sides (south and West). When you go on the Road to Hana, or pats of Haiku, Upcountry, and the like you may find some (or they may find you!).

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,767 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito's

No worries! If mosquitoes are around, just keep moving.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito's

I don't know, but I'm itching to find out! (Forgive me.)

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito's

They found my sister at Iao Valley. (they=mosquitoes). First time I had seen them there, next time I'll leave her at home.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,584 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquito's

I got eaten up by mosquito's once at OGG waiting for an early evening flight to come in. I don't know what the problem was then. Mostly though, just in the more tropical areas like Iao Valley or along the Hana Hwy. is where you will find them.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquito's

We di Iao, south side and Hana...only saw 1 mosquito at our place in Hana at dusk. We took bug spray on our early morning Pipiwa Trail hike...but did not put in on. No bugs for us that day.

May be different when you are here...but we are here now and experiencing no mosquitos.

7. Re: Mosquito's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 22, 2014