We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons Partial Ocean view vs Ocean view?

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Four Seasons Partial Ocean view vs Ocean view?

Is there a big difference between these 2 views aside from the price? Like how much ocean is visible? Both rooms state angled views from lanai on the website so I don't know if there's a big difference??

I booked through a Preferred Partner for late October. What are the chances of me getting an upgrade?

New York City, New...
6 posts
1. Re: Four Seasons Partial Ocean view vs Ocean view?

I am a NYC based Four Seasons Preferred Partner and just checked rates for late October for one of my clients. Room availability is currently wide open in all categories, and while things could always change in terms of bookings, in general you have a good chance during this time of being upgraded. Generally Partial Ocean View rooms are on lower floors with greater obstruction of the view; Ocean View rooms are on higher floors and the ocean is visible from the room itself, not just the lanai.

New Berlin, WI
Level Contributor
466 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Four Seasons Partial Ocean view vs Ocean view?

TravelSort...that is not necessarily true. There is a definite difference between ocean view, ocean view prime and ocean front (the thin few rooms right at the start of the U) in terms of cost and view. I'm not sure if you have stayed at 4S Maui or not, but take a very close look at the shape of the resort versus what you can really see, as far as the ocean goes. The rooms at this resort are set very far back from the ocean. My recommendation would be to call 4S Maui, even if booking through a preferred partner, and get someone to explain to you exactly what the views are from each room level. I can say from personal experience that the rooms at the back of the U on the 7th floor had a nice view...yet very far from the ocean...and the 3rd and 4th floor rooms are really over the garden. Either way, the rooms are set back in the resort. Be sure to do your homework so you are not disappointed (especially for the $$ you will spend at 4S Maui....and maybe not even get a chair at the pools and at the beach we sat three deep with no view other than the people in front of us).

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
49 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Four Seasons Partial Ocean view vs Ocean view?

I've stayed here twice and been in partial ocean view both times. Once we were upgraded from garden view to partial. For me, the extra dollars weren't worth the ocean view as you aren't in your room that much. But yes, you really only see the ocean from your lanai. If you want to see it from the room, then book ocean view. Or hope for an upgrade.

4. Re: Four Seasons Partial Ocean view vs Ocean view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 23, 2014