We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm thinking Ekahi [lower] for family trip. Teens & Grandpar

Indy
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
I'm thinking Ekahi [lower] for family trip. Teens & Grandpar

After spending all my time focusing on Kaanapali because everyone recommended the area. I've found units that work for us in Ekahi village.

Can you experts convince me that my teens and parents won't be wishing they were in Kaanapali?

We'll be coming from Oahu so we'll have had the buzz of crowds...

We are coming in June and the kids and hubs want to surf so south is good for that. We also want to snorkel and explore [I've read that south is good location to explore from]....

My folks would like to be able to walk easily to restaurants and shops [that was big appeal of kaanapali]. Any possibility here?

just want reassurance. I've also started looking into Big and Kauai. We ruled Big out but focusing on Poipu as well [Kauai appeals more to hubby].

Thanks.

Trish

California
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: I'm thinking Ekahi [lower] for family trip. Teens & Grandpar

We are saying at Ekahi in July. We booked through vrbo so we can pick our unit. Some are more updated than others. We will be in lower Ekahi. Keawakapau beach is right across the street which is the main reason we wanted Ekahi because it is a beautiful, fairly quiet beach that we discovered the last time we were in Maui. I think there are 4 pools at Ekahi - 3 quiet, 1 family. If you decide on Ekahi, take a good look at the map of the complex! The upper units look like a hike to the beach and the family pool.

12. Re: I'm thinking Ekahi [lower] for family trip. Teens & Grandpar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 29, 2014