We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

Orange County, CA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find my specific situation. Wife, kid, and I going to Maui for 5 days in late August. We will have an 11 month old at that time. He will (hopefully!) be able to at least tolerate a pool at that time, but probably not take advantage of the slides at GW. I'm not sure if the FS, with their more high scale clients, will be accepting of an 11 m/o kid who might make a lot of noise in the pool. Which would you recommend?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,365 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

The Four Seasons treats little kids really well. Of course I wouldn't take the child to an adults only pool but any other would be fine. The Four Seasons is the best hotel on the island. If you can afford it, there is no reason not to go!! Save the Grand Wailea and it's pools until your child is older when you all can appreciate it.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
12,220 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

FS is nice of course. Fairmont is great because it is all suites, so rooms are very spacious and separate bedroom for the adults. Always a bonus :)

LA
Level Contributor
10,040 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

The kid won't be allowed on any of the pool system or attractions at Grand Wailea. You will not be able to take him down a slide, either

Four Seasons would be fine.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,969 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

Four Seasons or Fairmont. As has been stated, the FS treats kids great and the Fairmont has the larger rooms.

Me..... I'd take the Four Seasons.

biloxi
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

FOUR SEASONS! We have stayed there several times with children. They have several amazing pools; one pool specifically for small children. It is perfect with beautiful cabanas (no charge), sun screen, even complementary diapers poolside! EVERYTHING about this hotel is just amazing. You never need to leave. The staff will make you feel as if you are royalty....a five star hotel all the way! The hotel, the rooms and the beach are all gorgeous. The Fairmont is nice but does not compare. The GW is like a mega sized Disney Resort and is not nearly as luxurious or as well maintained as the Four Seasons.

Ben Lomond...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

Go to the Grand!!! I have been a member there for 10 years and the pool area and grounds are better than any of the others. They have a great baby beach area and you can take little ones down one of the rapids slide. They love it. Its way more kid friendly than the others. Have fun!!

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
50 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

I will be in the same situation with our 10 and half months old, and we will be staying in Wailea area in early October. Currently I have booked both FS and GW for a few days each. Would love to hear your final decision and your feedback after your trip.

Based on the research I have done, the Four Seasons has a kiddie pool called "Waterfall Pool", a two level pool connected by a slide. For Grand Wailea, I don't think the baby can use their slides as there's a height requirement of 48 inches, but they have a sandy bottomed baby beach, which is very shallow, so I belive the little ones could play in it. You can using Bing to search image, Grand Wailea Baby Beach

Seal Beach...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

Four Seasons is the best place to stay for all ages!

Four Seasons has an adult only pool that is set up and away and it is absolutely the best. Complimentary hand towels, popsicles,iced water,sunscreen,lotion and a bar! Ask a host about finding a spot with lounge chairs overlooking the ocean down by the grass area.

If you have children;there is also a nice kiddie pool with a waterfall effect.

When my children were very young, I was like you. I wanted to introduce them to everything. I just loved looking at the world through their eyes. Your 11 month old just likes the feel of the water, no slides yet!

I do have some advice about the little ones swimming in a pool. Make sure your kids have swim lessons. For god's sake, do not rely on floaties! Get a life jacket like this...http://www.amazon.com/Poolmaster-Learn-Swim-Tube-Trainer/dp/B0023NVV7I.

Of course watch your child every second. Then when your little one gets to be around 2 or 3 years and has swim lessons and experience, buy a good pair of flippers and watch them go go go!!!

I love Maui and the top reason is the Four Seasons.

Grand Wailea is just not in the same league.

The Fairmont needs a remodel and an attitude change.

Have fun

9. Re: Grand Wailea, Four Seasons or Fairmont for small child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 05, 2014