We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

Ontario's...
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

Looking for a store with a nice selection of wine/champagne near the hotels in Wailea. Does the ABC in the shops at Wailea carry champagne?

Thanks, hoping there are fellow bubbly lovers out there who might know!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
1,223 Reviews
Maui, HI
Iowa
Level Contributor
13,647 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

Go up to Guava, Gouda and Caviar in Wailea Gateway Center. It's a nice little gourmet/wine shop. Also in the center worth stopping at are MonkeyPod Kitchen, Pita Paradise, Hawaiian Shirt Museum shop and Sweet Paradise Chocolatier.

Edited: 8:02 pm, January 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
1,223 Reviews
Maui, HI
Monkeypod Kitchen
Monkeypod Kitchen
5,194 Reviews
Maui, HI
Pita Paradise
Pita Paradise
884 Reviews
Maui, HI
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,875 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

Abc carries wine. I would bet they have champagne. Otherwiise i was thinking the same as Teri.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,522 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

You'll also find wine and spirits at the Kihei grocery stores. You'll pass the 24/7 Safeway at Piilani Plaza on your way south to Wailea. Stay in the right lane and turn at Piikea (traffic light).

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
1,223 Reviews
Maui, HI
california
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

If your flying into maui go to costco. I'm from Napa and I'm very picky about my wine and champagne. The last time I was there (June 2012) They had Domaine Carneros brut and brut rose' which I'm a club member and have had this champagne shipped to Hawaii for our 25 wedding anvi... This is always the first stop after getting our car. I think sometime the resorts look at us funny cuz we have a bottle of wine for just about each day we stay...You can take the Napa away from the girl but not her wine...lol..Hope this helps When we were in Kauai there are some very nice and expense wine shops but I haven't really find any in Maui. By expense I'm talking 100.00 a bottle the same bottle back home for 35-40 dollars. Just saying...

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

The ABC store in the Shops at Wailea carries higher-end wines and champagnes. I've seen Opus One, Stag's Leap Cask 23, Dom Perignon, Perrier Jouet flower bottle, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
1,223 Reviews
Maui, HI
Ontario's...
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

Thanks for all the insight; looks like it won't be too hard to find a few bottles! We like to have a bottle for each day of our vacation, so this year we will need ten. Maybe a few stops!

Pluto Highlands
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

anybody remember this one, they were located on Ohukai for years then moved just under the wailea Gateway. right above Joe's located next to a bank(maybe First Hawaiian). with Guava Gouda and Caviar moving just above them in a more easy to find location I wonder how they fare now. if its still here have a look at them as well. one minute drive between the two.

http://waileawine.com/

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

Just an FYI Guava Gouda & Caviar has gone out of business. They are still conducting business online apparently under their old name, Who Cut the Cheese.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

bummer, well I should let you all know as well The Hawaii Liquor Super Store at the Maui Market Place has also closed.

dont fret so much, we are privileged to have our own new Tamura's right across the street on the same Dairy Road. packed with specialty liquors, high end wines and everything below in the alcohol group.

for you poke fans there's about 40 selections.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,511 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Champagne/wine store near Fairmont Kea Lani/Grand Wailea

I found the best prices for champagne were at Longs in Kihei and K-Mart in Kahului!! Have fun, sounds like a wonderful way to spend a vacation!!

Mentioned in this post
Kihei
Kihei
Maui, HI
Kahului
Kahului
Maui, HI