We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free parking near Grand Wailea?

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milano Marittima...
1 post
Save Topic
Free parking near Grand Wailea?

We are about to rent a car for our 10 days stay at Grand Wailea, but now I read here (tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g609129-i10595-Wai…) that there is only valet parking.

Are there any free parking options "near" Grand Wailea that one could use?

Edited: 5:39 am, December 08, 2012
S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free parking near Grand Wailea?

No. there is nowhere to park overnight near the GW. There is free parking for the folks using the Wailea beach during the day, but this cannot be used for hotel guest cars.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free parking near Grand Wailea?

Ya I'm in the same boat. I loath valet parking... not even the flat fee but feel like I need to fork over more money for tips every time I want to go to a local shop. $30 bucks a day is almost the same price it costs to rent the bloody car as well and when you're already paying a few thousand bucks for a stay it is poor. Just even tack it on and charge one rate, just feels like nickel and diming.

Seems like there's been some discussion online in the past and there are no decent local options, the mall next door tows if you park there. They used to have self park at the hotel but changed it a year ago or so. Valet parking or don't rent.

One other option you might consider if you only need a car for a couple days. There is a national car rental in the lobby. They have a higher rate than some of the places at the airport (65-80 a day) but if you just want to do say 3 or 4 days out and mostly veg at the hotel, you can drop the car off at the end of the day you won't have to worry about paying valet parking. Other consideration, you will need to pay for transport from the airport then.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,356 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free parking near Grand Wailea?

One of the many reason's I am less than thrilled with the GW......

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free parking near Grand Wailea?

If you haven't rented your car yet, try one of the car wholesalers on Maui-I saved about $115 just now on a Jeep; that could cover a portion of the parking at the Grand Wailea instead of paying full price AND parking. They book through the major car co's, they just have better rates!

San Jose
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free parking near Grand Wailea?

How can I find these car wholesales?

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free parking near Grand Wailea?

Silverlady21

discounthawaiicarrental.com/

If you're a Costco member

http://www.costcotravel.com/Rental-Cars

Book, but don't pay. Check back again for lower rates. Cancel and rebook if rates go down.

Edited: 12:46 am, October 20, 2013
7. Re: Free parking near Grand Wailea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 22, 2014