We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 months from today

houston tx
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
2 months from today

We leave two months from today going to Four Seasons Wailea. I know I can't do everything I want to in six days but what are some of things that I shouldn't miss with it being our first time to Hawaii?

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 months from today

I guess that would depend on what your interests are and your reasons for vacationing on Maui. Our "do not miss" list is number one, the beaches and relaxing on them. Listening to the waves, children playing, feeling the warm sun and Tradewinds and literally being in another world from our home.

We vacation on Maui to rejuvenate ourselves again for our "real world" of work, family obligations, chores, etc.. Read the info to the right and figure out what you most want to do. Have a couple "must do 's" but allow island time to happen. We did our past trip especially and it was magical. Have fun in paradise!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
10,559 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 months from today

You might enjoy reading this post tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k531355…

Top question on the side of the page will help.

Another help.. is to read Trip Reports and see what interest you.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,418 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 months from today

My vacations to Maui are completely different than most people. Some come to relax, not me. While I'm on Maui I want to experience everything I can in a short amount of time. In other words, my "should do's" are different. I don't go to Maui to rejuvenate, I go to Maui to play and play hard.

What made you decide to come to Maui in the first place? Surely you know some things you want to do? What are your interests? Who will you be with? What are your ages and abilities?

houston tx
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 months from today

My wife and I have a open mind to lots of things fun, we're in our late 30's early 40's. We chose Maui because we've visited several islands in the Carribeans Jamaica, San Juan, and Cayman Islands and just wanted to try the Pacific side of things.

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
21,053 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 months from today

As the descendent of Scots, I'd be enjoying the heck out of the Four Seasons luxury and service! LOL

Will you attend a luau? Do you want to drive or take a tour of Road to Hana? Iao Valley is a must in my book. Will you see the crater at Haleakala? You might spend a day driving up to the 'top' of Maui at Kapalua, stopping at Lahaina to cruise Front Street. Shops At Wailea is an upscale mall. Think about where you want to dine around Wailea. Mama's Fish House in Paia is good for lunch or dinner. Will you take a snorkeling excursion along the coast or to Lanai?

Book anything you are sure you want to do. June is pretty busy.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
419 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 months from today

I have just under 3 months to go!

Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 months from today

I will actually be there at the same time, same hotel. I plan to RELAX! Slow down, sit by they pool, and enjoy great food.

8. Re: 2 months from today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, April 12, 2013