We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons versus Fairmont

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Four Seasons versus Fairmont

This is a big anniversary trip for us, and we are comparing the Four Seasons versus the Fairmont. Either hotel is within the budget, per se, but I want to make sure that we make the right choice.

Here's what we're looking for:

Romantic

Quiet

Pampering

Great Spa

Great Food

We will be there at the end of September and will be traveling kid-free this time.

Thank you for your opinions!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,896 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

Love the Fairmont, but it isn't even a close contest. The Four Seasons is the best hotel on the island by far, especially when it comes to pampering.

It also has three of the best restaurants on Maui, but I would go to the Fairmont one night for Nick's Fishmarket. It is a long time favorite of ours.

Lawrence, Kansas
Level Contributor
109 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

We just returned from a 10 day stay at the Four Seasons and cannot say enough about it. We ate at Nick's Fish Market and it was excellent but we like the layout of the Four Seasons much more.

Although we cannot compare the Fairmont to the Four Seasons for all of the items on your list, I certainly do not think it can beat the Four Seasons for pampering, quiet and romantic. We absolutely loved it.

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

Well as the 4 is the best rated hotel in Hawaii and at the top in the rest of the USA, you can not go wrong there.

The Fairmont does not come even close.

Aloha

gmc

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

The Four Seasons in South Maui and the Ritz Carlton in West Maui are in a class by themselves. Everything else starts at the next tier down. If the FS is within your budget, by all means go for it and enjoy the pampering!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
347 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

I forgot to mention the 4 Seasons beach attendants were serving and spritzing the guests with Evian Water as it was hot on Wailea Beach last November when I was there, relaxing on the beach, not as a guest.

It looked pretty good to me. I think you should go for it.

gmc

Edited: 3:29 am, March 14, 2012
Brookfield...
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

The Four Seasons Wailea, with the possible exception of the Four Seasons on the Big Island, is simply the best resort hotel between LA and Hong Kong.

Edited: 10:51 pm, March 14, 2012
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,382 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

I'd also look at The Ritz in Kapalua. September is Hawaii's hottest month. The Ritz is Maui's next-to-best hotel. Kapalua is breezier. There are several top restaurants nearby. If you've already 'seen' Maui, the far north location would be no hindrance.

However...Four Seasons is *the* best hotel on Maui, and the chain's hotel at Hualalai on Big Island is very likely the state's best.

Level Contributor
34,748 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

The Four Seasons sounds very nice! I think we are going to enjoy spending more time in Wailea next visit to Maui! :)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

My wife and I have stayed at both and both are great. But the FS is wonderful if we have a choice we would pick the FS. In fact we are staying there twice this year. 4 days at the end of a 2 week condo stay in May and 2 days in the fall while we have by daughter's family and grandchildren with us.

The service is superb, it is quite and elegant but not overdone. There is an adult infinity pool with a wonderful view and swim up bar for drinks or lunch.

In fact we took a picuture of my wife at the edge of the pool with the west Maui mountains in the background. Everytime she calls me on my iphone that picture comes up and I am transported back. And keep in mind we have been travelling to Maui for 20 years, propbably 50 trips and my wife lived there for 4 years and she can't wait for the FS this May

Belfast , Northern...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons versus Fairmont

Oh the Four Seasons every time . Its smashing !!