We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Auburn, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Surf company near Wailea

We are planning a stay in Wailea the last week of May into the first week of June with two children ages 11 and 8. We took excellent surf lession on a previous trip in the Lahiana area but we are looking for something closer to Wailea. Any suggestions for a place close by for lessons and board rental? Previous posts were quite a while ago.

Thank you in advance...

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf company near Wailea

across from the Cove and super busy this past New Years weekend.

…tourcorp.com/tours/mau-Maui-wave-riders-sur…

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf company near Wailea

Yes, that would be Kalama Park in Kihei. Kihei is just north of Wailea, maybe 10 min drive.

My two kids are also 11 and 8, they took surf lesson this past summer with Maui Wave Riders. I booked them a semi private lesson. So, just the two of them with an instructor. They loved it. We went back to that beach 4 more times after the lesson, and just rented boards from the beach for them to surf some more. Hope your kids will have a good time too.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surf company near Wailea

agreed HappyTraveler... got the idea. You already know how and can be fun getting out there with the kids. one push and their off, you will be able to stand here and some tubbies are a good idea though I've done it barefoot. I tend to worry little eals will bite me when not using them.

marlboro new jersey
Level Contributor
191 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surf company near Wailea

Just got back. My 17 year old daughter took lessons from Maui Beach Boys in Kiehe (Dillon). I highly recommend them!!!

Auburn, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surf company near Wailea

Thank you for your input... it looks exactly what we are looking for!

Auburn, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surf company near Wailea

OFOX,

Thank you for your input... we are about 1 month away from our visit and will surely use them for both lessons and rentals! Thank you again!

7. Re: Surf company near Wailea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, April 15, 2013