We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool use at GW

Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Pool use at GW

If you are staying at the FS can you use the pool at GW? Thanks.

NJ
Level Contributor
560 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool use at GW

No you cannot. To use the pool you will have to get a wristband at the pool counter and they will ask for your name and room number.

What some people have done is to book the least expensive room option for one night and gotten two days use at the pool. Go over on the first day, check in and go right to the pool and you can also use it on your check out day as long as you get your wristbands before you check out.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool use at GW

;-)

I do always like this question.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool use at GW

OK I got to ask, in response to the first 2 posts, if you want to use the pools at GW, which are very fun, why not just stay at the GW. Don't people stay at the 4 seasons to avoid the kids and water slides.

Indiana
Level Contributor
836 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool use at GW

Who wants to go to Maui to sit around a pool anyway? Not me.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
534 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool use at GW

I'm with beachlvr---

I go to Maui to swim in the ocean, not a manmade pool.

GW-$400+/nite

FS-$400+/nite

All beaches on Maui-free

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,026 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool use at GW

No. You are not paying the GW. If you were paying the GW to stay there, you could use their pool. Pools are not public property.

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
735 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool use at GW

Nope. You have to be a guest at the GW to get towels and the needed wristbands to use the pools.

Lifeguards are spread well throughout the pool areas and they'll remove anyone without a wristband - I know it for a fact because the last time we were there about 6 months ago, my fiance's wristband fell off somewhere on the waterslides. He didn't notice it, but the staff sure did - he was told to leave the pool area or go back to the desk to get a replacement. They sure were watching!

If the GW slides and pools are a must-do, book a room for a night - you'll get two days of pools out of it! (they issue wristbands for the day you check in, even if its early and the day you checkout too).

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
841 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool use at GW

Me too, Julauf! It's almost as good as asking whether or not to rent a Jeep! It just never gets old...

Orange, CA
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool use at GW

My brother has split his trip before so he spends 5 nights or so in a condo and then the last two at the GW. Works out great for their family as their girls like pools as much as they like the beach (as does my son) and my sister in law likes poolside service (well, so do I!) :)

Maybe that sentiment comes from all of us more or less spending every summer at the beach as it is.

Virginia
Level Contributor
294 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool use at GW

I have a sorta related pool use-wristband question. Friends of mine will be in Maui at the same time as me. They are staying at a nice resort with a nice pool, I'm staying at a condo. I'd like to check out their pool one day if possible. Do you think it'd work if I gave their room #? Or what if they got wristbands twice and did a pass back to my husband and me?

I know this sounds horribly cheap, probably offensively cheap to some of you, and you can keep any comments about how cheap I am to yourself, because I am already acknowledging my cheapness...but if anyone has any good advice on how we could pull this off I'd appreciate it. : )