I'm in need of advice and help!
The honeymoon will be a surprise for my fiance. She knows nothing about where we are going and where we are staying! Not till the wedding. I thought that would be a nice surprise for her! But unfortunately I have to plan it all myself and I'm bad at making decisions.
Here are my issues with both hotels that I've read from reviews off trip adviser.
- I love the large suites, lanai and affordable price
- I read that the pools here are better than FS, especially the adult pool (less kids too)
- I read that the beach is a little more secluded and less people because it's in a cove and has the beach to itself mainly (even though I know its public)
- I've read the staff here is more friendly and the hotel seems more local, rather than "corporate".Some one said when you wake up here, you know you are in hawaii, but when you wake up in FS, you feel like you could be in any city.
The negative is that I heard many comments (not many, but more than enough to scare my confidence) that the decor is outdated, the rooms smell musty, the carpet looks old and the place itself (since its white) looks a little unkept. Now if all the rooms looked like the website, I would have no worries, but I've seen travelers pictures and some of those rooms worry me.
Now with the Four Seasons:
- I love knowing that all the rooms will be tip top shape, and all of them have been renovated with luxury decor and LCD TVs and ect. However, for the same price as Kea Lani, I would have to get a normal room here, instead of a suite (so much smaller)
- I heard great things about the staff, but I've also heard bad things like they can be snobby and the guests staying there too.
So I don't know which to choose! Any help would be appreciated! Also, i would love love love the ocean view, but the lady is very practical and says go for the garden view. I'm dreamy and would love the ocean front suite.
I know we do want a place that is nice and relaxing, not a ton of people like on Spring Break Vacation. But we also plan to do a lot of sightseeing and being away from the resort. So it's not a huge deal to which we pick, but I just want to make her happy :o) especially since she has no idea about any of the choices!
We will be going in late June 2009. Is there a lot of people during this time?
Thanks for the help!!
-Sam (A desperate groom to be)!