We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ekahi village question

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
ekahi village question

My husband and I are looking into staying in the Ekahi Village in July for vacation. I have a few questions. Can you park right in front of your condo? Is the Grand Wailea and Four Seasons in walking distance on the boardwalk? Are any restaurants in walking distance? Is there a pool bar on-site? Thank You!!

Mentioned in this post
Wailea Ekahi Village
Wailea Ekahi Village
589 Reviews
Maui, HI
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf...
6,947 Reviews
Maui, HI
Colorado
Level Contributor
12,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ekahi village question

We've stayed there many times over the years. We've always been able to park NEAR the condos but not always "right in front". It depends on how many other people and cars there are. It is a condominium complex, not a resort. There are no pool bars, no bars at all.

As of Jan. 2007 you could not walk to the Grand Wailea or 4S because the pathway did not extend that far. I don't know if that has changed in the past 18 months. We have walked to the Grand Wailea along the road.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf...
6,947 Reviews
Maui, HI
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ekahi village question

We love to stay at Ekahi - it's our favorite place, probably stayed there 10 times. We love the low key, low rise condo and we love Wailea.

We have walked to the GW and 4S many times. As the poster above said, it's not on the path. We walk on the beach and catch the path - not far, but depending on the tide could be a hassle at night. We do the path walk in front of all of the resorts every AM.

The pool bar is awesome - whatever you buy and bring to the pool in your cooler!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
1,163 Reviews
Maui, HI
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
22,151 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ekahi village question

There are also restaurants and a mini-mart at Shops At Wailea, an open-air mall within walking distance. There is sidewalk along the road.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
1,163 Reviews
Maui, HI
4. Re: ekahi village question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:01 pm, January 04, 2009
Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
89 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ekahi village question

Just because it's a condo complex doesn't mean it won't have a restaurant or bar on-site. We've rented in these types of places in Hawaii and other resort type locales, and many do have them.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ekahi village question

My answer is that this condo complex does not have a pool bar - nor do I believe any in the Wailea area. I could be wrong, but I an fairly certain that there are licensing issues with the AOAOs.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Wailea
Hotel Wailea
1,163 Reviews
Maui, HI
7. Re: ekahi village question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 12, 2009