We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

I'll be staying at the FS in June (2 weeks and 6 days from today - but who's counting). I thought I read somewhere that there was a beach walkway that connected the above three hotels. If this is true can you tell me the approximate walking distances between the hotels. Would we be able to walk to the other two hotels for dinner along this path? Is the walkway lit at night? Is it safe to walk at night? Also can we walk to the Shops at Wailea? Thanks for any info.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

The The FS is directly next door to the GW so it is an easy walk via the beach path. The Fairmont Kea Lani is a little further south on the beach path. There is a group of condos between the FS and Kea Lani. It is a bit of a hike but a beautiful oceanfront walk at night. It must have had some type of lighting because I don't remember being concerned for my safety. I'm not sure of your age but if you are in OK physical condition, the walk shouldn't be any problem.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

I don't know about the whole path but I can tell you that you won't be able to walk the path to the shops at Wailea. The Shops are completely disconnected from any beach access. We were hoping to find the walkway from there and found out the hard way. My husband had an opportunity to run from Keawakapu to Polo Beach and used the boardwalk part of the way. There is some construction being done on the boardwalk and you'll have to walk on the beach in that particular area but I can't remember which hotel the construction work was being done in front of. The FS is right next to the GW so there is no problem with this walk. The Fairmont is about a 1/4 mile walk and I believe the walkway goes around the edge of condo property. I have no idea if it is lit at night but I'm sure somebody else knows. The only place that feels kind of creepy is in front of the old Renaissance but you won't need to go that far north for anything. It's only creepy because there are tarps covering the view to the hotel that is having construction work done and there is always an interesting character in the beach access parking lot and bathroom area. It's not impossible to walk to the Shops at W. but you might need to ask for a shortcut or just walk along Wailea Alanui Dr.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

Julauf- If you walk to the Wailea Marriott via the beach path and cut up through the property via the old pool area (not the new serenity pool) walk through the open air lobby and head straight past the Marriott parking structure. It will take you directly into the parking lot of the shops at Wailea.

Maui
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

The path is mostly lit and very safe.

We mostly wind up walking it if we go to the shops at Wailea or dinner at one of the hotels, so I've done it at all hours.

Nice easy walk maybe a mile give or take.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,363 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

Thanks movetowailea, We were up at the Shops at W and wanted to walk down to the beach and couldn't find a beach access. We'll know for next time. gyshwysh, the place where the boardwalk stops is at the old Renaissance and you can just walk on the beach at Mokapu and Ulua there. It is actually pretty cool that you can either walk on paths, boardwalks or on the beach all the way north to Kihei and beyond if you like to exercise and have that nice ocean view.

los angeles
Level Contributor
125 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

i just walked the path this morning. it is not lit at night and i was instructed not to walk it at night. you can but it's not necessarily the safest thing to do.

Maui
Level Contributor
175 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

You're walking in front of luxury hotels and multi-million dollor condos there are all kinds of security people along that path. I've never heard of anyone having problems there.

If there were problems I'm sure the Hotels and the condo associations would nip that in the bud. Either with private security or MPD.

As for the lighting once again you have the condos and hotels. There are some sections imbetween properties but space between properties is very short.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
20 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

Thanks to all who responded, especially the info about getting to the Shops at Wailea and the fact that you can walk to Kihei on the beach if you had the energy. My husband will be playing a lot of golf and I'll be doing a lot of wandering. Thanks again.

Trabuco Canyon...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

You are taking my dream vacation! Four Seasons, no children, and a husband off golfing so you will have alone time to wander and relax on your own. Have a great time and post a trip report!

Chicago Illinois
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: FS, GW, Fairmont Beach Walkway

The walkway along the Wailea Villas has very little lighting after sunset (the villas are between FS and Fairmont). I would recommend bringing a small flashlight - I saw people walking at night with them and thought it was a good idea. The walkway is more like a coastal walkway because there are sandy beaches and lava rock areas.

Have a wonderful vacation! If you eat at Cafe Caio at the Fairmont, I recommend their Seafood Paella.