We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Wailea???

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Wailea???

Hi everyone,

We're staying at Wailea Beach Villas in late February...was wondering if anyone knows of a place to buy fresh fish close by?

Also, are there any good grocery stores in the area?

We are traveling as a party of 5 adults and two children, ages 7 and 4, any suggestions for "must dos" will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

OKC
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Questions about Wailea???

Yes, WBV does have lots of beach toys for the kids to use. The only thing that we asked about that the resort could not supply was surf boards but they did direct us to great rental spot in Kihei. Enjoy your vacation. It is a wonderful place to stay.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Questions about Wailea???

Thanks so much! My boys are really into boogie boarding and the older one does surf. I heard there was a great place north of Wailea for kid's surf lessons...does anyone know anything more about this?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Questions about Wailea???

Hi there.. we too are going to stay at WBV in April. Do we need to bring our own snorkel gear? Do they rent them at the villa's. Any special spots for snorkeling that you have heard of.. can't wait. Watched the golf this week-end in Kapalua... looks so beautiful. JC

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Questions about Wailea???

Hi

They will provide you with snorkel gear, but there is a fee. We've decided to ship ours, along with some food staples...We are looking to enjoy the warm weather...sun, beach, and yes, golf! Have a wonderful time.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,914 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Questions about Wailea???

There are much better places to snorkel in Wailea than Wailea beach. Just north is Ulua beach (by the Marriott), south there is Maluaka in front of the Maui Prince, then there is Ahihi Cove and a place called Maonakala known locally as the dumps. I did have the Hawaiian name for this area wrong in a previous post. Maonakala is the correct one. Makena beach is better known as Big Beach. Great place to be but very dangerous for children as the shore break is tremendous. On the last note: You WILL see whales in February. Bring your binoculars for viewing from your lanai or see if the villa's provide them.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
649 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Questions about Wailea???

We like to snorkel at Ahihi Reserve - even little kids and inexperienced swimmers will love the cove. If you have your own snorkel equipment, I would bring it along. There is a Maui Dive store in the Shops at Wailea if you do prefer to rent the snorkel gear.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Questions about Wailea???

Thanks FFD. We'll check out the cove as soon as we get there. I worry about our 4 year old, even though he's an excellent swimmer, you just never know. Thanks again .

18. Re: Questions about Wailea???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 11, 2009