We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights...suggestions? Do tell....

British Columbia
Level Contributor
387 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights...suggestions? Do tell....

I have 3 days left on Maui that I haven't booked yet...I would love some advice as to where to stay next September.

We have 3 girls, 15, 12, and 4. We want to stay where we can have the time of our lives. Beautiful beach, pools and somewhat affordable.

Anyone have their favorite hotel?

Tell me about it.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kailua
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights...suggestions? Do tell....

Well I just booked a room for 3 days..using priceline...i'm staying in the kihei area in a 2 star hotel..kihei is a nice beach area close to the ultra expensive resorts and stuff. I'm sure you can get a room for under 100$ if you use priceline. I'm getting my room for 63$ at the Maui Aston Au

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,192 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights...suggestions? Do tell....

Pools are the Grand Wailea, I have no idea if you can get a discount. Otherwise, Westin has OK fancy pool maybe can get a discount.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf...
6,953 Reviews
Maui, HI
Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights...suggestions? Do tell....

brocsampson- big spender, I'm really impressed, plus you want to sneak into the GW pools, so classy, not.

Teresakc- The Grand Wailea is fun for kids and Sept. is good since kids will be back in school. You can split your stay between a condo and resort to make it more affordable, 4 days at GW was enough for us. Check vrbo.com, chasenrainbows.com, homeaway.com, redweek.com for timeshare rentals, wizardpub.com for arial views of hotels/condo's to see how close they are to the ocean. What is your budget is the big question? As you can see I also have 3 kids and we prefer a condo for the space and kitchen. Happy travels, aloha!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf...
6,953 Reviews
Maui, HI
4. Re: 3 nights...suggestions? Do tell....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 12, 2009