We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dinner reservations

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
dinner reservations

do we need to book reservations for dinner before we go on vacation, or when we get there will be fine? we are traveling in sept.

thanks for your help

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dinner reservations

The only place that I can think of where you need to make reservations early is the Old Lahaina Luau. (months in advance)

It sells out nightly and they do not discount, plus the seating is first reservations, closest seating.

Most other restauraunts are places where you can make reservations on the day of your planned dinner... maybe in the late morning for some, but for most places, an afternoon call will suffice.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: dinner reservations

I've always made reservations once we've arrived and never had a problem.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dinner reservations

Some of the better and more popular restaurants book up pretty fast. In other words, if you wait until the afternoon of the evening you want to dine, the only available times left are at 9:30 PM and after. Unless you like to eat late, I would suggest making reservations as early in the day as possible or even the day before.

Nor-Cal
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dinner reservations

I agree with the previous caller as the OLL is sold out months in advance-the other restraunts are hit and miss-but you may want to book the favorites in advance.

mex25

2 days nd counting!!!!!!

mex25

Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dinner reservations

is the luau worth going to in lahania. we are going to the kauai luau at the hyatt. is one luau enough for a hawaiin trip?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dinner reservations

i believe 1 luau is enough for one trip and frankly I believe 1 luau is enough for several trips

Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dinner reservations

how do you guys feel about the beach house resturant in kauai? have any of you been?

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dinner reservations

You need to post this question on the Kauai forum......

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dinner reservations

We go during the off season as well. On Waikiki, I alway make reservations for the first couple nights - before we leave the mainland. On Maui -- maybe just one night ahead before we leave -- or if there is a special occasion!

And of course, it's good to book luaus and dinner shows ahead of time.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dinner reservations

We will be going Dec. 30- Jan. 8 which is still considered the hoilday season. Will we be o.k. making our reservations once we arrive in Hawaii or should we make them before we leave. I'm not sure how crowded everything will be after the New Year. TIA