We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Clara

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Clara

We are looking at going to Cienfuegos(Costasur?)Canjet is the carrier and it says they only fly into Santa Clara,how long of a bus ride would this be ?

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Clara

Costasur is in Trinidad de Cuba.......from Cienfuegos ( with Sunwing) about 1 1/2 hours......and I believe Santa Clara......it will be around 3 hours to Costasur. CQ :))))

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Clara

It's about 2.5 hrs away..

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Clara

Yep, around 2.5 hrs. and odds are there won't be a bathroom on the bus. They will stop at a gas station or in the middle of the road f you need to go.

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Clara

There was an error in the information I recieved for our trip to Costasur,the flight will be landing in Cayo Santa Maria .This looks like a very long busride.Don't want to do it .

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Clara

The flight will land in Santa Clara, Their is no international airport in the Cayo..

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,596 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Clara

The Plane should land in Santa Clara.

Looking at driving from there to Cienfuegos in Jan, myself.

Distance charts on some Cuban web sites are saying 61 k.

I can't see it!

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,596 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Clara

Again, I checked a couple other sites,saying travel distance is 64 to 69 kms from Santa Clara to Cienfuegos.

I know i'd be slowing down to go through a few towns , but 2.5 hours to travel 65 klicks, Wow!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Clara

Costasur is in Trinidad not Cienfuegos...

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Clara

The confusion with Cienfuegos is , that if for example you are looking at Tripcentral.ca and want to go to any of the resorts on Playa Ancon, they are listed under Cienfuegos. That is correct, but only in high season. In off season, the flight is going to Santa Clara and then a bus ride to Trinidad (Costasur) . That's where the OP is going.

DaveK ...I don't know with whom you booked your trip, but I know some travel companies advertise Cayo Santa Maria, instead Santa Clara , as a destination airport. That causes the confusion as well.

I went to Brisas Trinidad (from Santa Clara) , and it took 3hrs on the bus.

I hope that help :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santa Clara

....to further add to the confusion there is an airport in the Cayos Santa María area on Cayo La Brujas (just near Villa Las Brujas) but mainly only deals with flights from Havana.

Get answers to your questions about Cienfuegos
More Cienfuegos Topics