We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Powell - I need sand from here

Colts Neck, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Powell - I need sand from here

I am writing because I hope one of you will be so kind as to help me with a rather unusual request.

I live in Brooklyn, NY and I will be moving to an apartment on the beach. This may sound strange but I have a decorating idea - I want to put up a shelf w/ a small jar of sand from every beach I have visited.

I LOVED the unique color sand when we went house boating on Lake Powell���however, I forgot to bring back sand!

I wonder if one of you would be so kind as to send me about a cup of that beautiful sand. You can send it in a small plastic bag. Or if it would be easier on you, I can send you a bag or a small plastic tupperware to put it in and you can send it back for me. I will pay for the shipping costs.

I know this sounds like a very strange request, but I want to have a bit of Lake Powell in my home and remember the beautiful beaches until I return again.

You can email me at aeconomide@aol.com. I'd be glad to send you something from NYC in return...

THANK YOU!

Orange, CA
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Powell - I need sand from here

I'm heading out tomorrow. Please send your information to perry549@cox.net and I'll send it when I get back.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Powell - I need sand from here

Stacey, I came across your post when looking up one of "my request for sand!!!!!" (on the London )

tripadvisor.com/…792316

Only last September, cruise from NYC to Bahamas on "The Dawn" I thought...ummmm...getting abit bored collecting fridge magnet's...so decided to start collecting sand. Now trying to catch up on lost time, after having already been to a least 20 beach resort holiday's..(and no sand)....and lived out in The Caymans for 8 month's before the sand collection!!!!....but at least I have a good excuse to go back now!! Is your's just a one off or are you continuing for "all" beaches....regards....Lara