We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a ski boat with a houseboat rental???

Colorado
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a ski boat with a houseboat rental???

This will be our first time renting a houseboat on Lake Powell this summer. Can someone help me figure out if this is like renting an RV and needing an additional vehicle to get around? i.e. we would like to water ski, but I'm starting to think that we'll need to rent a ski boat in addition to the houseboat to be able to get around easily and/or go water skiing.

Also, what is the situation at the marina when you go to pick up the houseboat? I am imagining crowds! thanks!

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a ski boat with a houseboat rental???

you will need a speed boat to get up the cannons that the house boat cannot reach.Also will save you on fuel.$3.50 a gallon on the lake.Jet skis is also a great way to get around.

salt lake city
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a ski boat with a houseboat rental???

Yes - it's much the same as renting an RV. The lines can be long at the marinas so arrive early...or arrive late depending on what you want to do that day. Once you park the house boat (anchors and all) at a nice spot-you won't want to go sightseeing in it. A small fishing boat would work for getting around, running errands to the marina for extra supplies, and exploring the narrow side canyons-- but if you want to ski then you'll need something else.