We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this good to do in one day?

Which Lake Powell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SE
Wales
Level Contributor
74 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Is this good to do in one day?

Hi!

We're flying into Pheonix from UK on Thursday April 14th at 2.30pm. We're planning on overnighting in Falstaff.

We've booked The View hotel in Monument Valley for the 15th & 16th.

We're planning on driving Falstaff > Page, on the 15th, stopping off at Horseshoe Bend, then doing Lower Antelope Canyon, then driving to The View hotel in Monument Valley.

Is this do-able? Where else could we stay on our first night other than Falstaff, as with the time zone change we'll be up very early on the 15th

Edited: 3:39 pm, February 08, 2011
SE
Wales
Level Contributor
74 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is this good to do in one day?

Just about to book the Little America Hotel. Thanks for the link.

I'll certainly "detour" to Cisco if it's a more scenic route as we've got all day after leaving Moab to get to a place close to the airport.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is this good to do in one day?

Forgot. After leaving MV stop at milemarker 13 off us163. Park the car and look behind you. Famous views and a classic spot for taking pictures.

SE
Wales
Level Contributor
74 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is this good to do in one day?

Hah! I'm sure I know the view you mean! Didn't know where it was tho'! DEFINITELY won't miss the "money shot" of this, or most road trips, now! Cheers! lol

14. Re: Is this good to do in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Lake Powell