We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Father Son Lake Powell Getaway

Which Lake Powell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nevada
1 post
Save Topic
Father Son Lake Powell Getaway

My father and I are looking to rent a small power boat that we can sleep on for anywhere from 3-5 days. We do have a budget that we must stick to. We primarily would like to get some fishing done (we used to fish tournaments together when i was a kid), see some fantastic scenery, explore some interesting geological formations, and perhaps even camp one night somewhere. This will more than likely be our last opportunity to spend together. I flew out here to Nevada from Ann Arbor to be with him after his surgery. I would really like this to be special, but again, as an unemployed michigander, we will be on a tight budget. I say that for anyone who might suggest best rental options for boat,sleeping spots, etc. We will be driving in to Lake Powell from Las Vegas probably the first week of June. Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Father Son Lake Powell Getaway

I looked into this a couple years ago before I got a boat.Renting off lake and trailering in will save you quite a bit of money.Do you have a truck?

I found this place,has new equipment,and is right down the road in Big Water.

www.skylite.net

They have a few overnight type boats that may be right for you.

2. Re: Father Son Lake Powell Getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, November 13, 2009