We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houseboat Deals

Venice, Ca.
9 posts
Save Topic
Houseboat Deals

We're thinking of renting a houseboat for a week in July this year. Is it possible to get any good discounts? I know there is an "up to 25% off" early bird special right now on select boats out of Wahweap that was extended.

In years past I seem to remember some deals in March, as much as 50% off. With all that is going on with the economy right now does anyone anticipate some better prices or specials?

Thanks

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houseboat Deals

I really wouldn't expect a smokin'deal in July.That is high season.I'm planning a trip in July also.Check on the size of the boat that has the deep discount.It may be the smallest one with few amenities.They offer deals in March because it is freezing on the lake!Last year when gas was $5.00 they were offering fuel vouchers if the Castle Rock cut wasn't open.They had a good runoff and the cut was open.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,896 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Houseboat Deals

Ordinarily they'd laugh at you for seeking discounts in July, but as everyone knows, these are not "ordinary" times. Just keep checking back - you never know.

port deposit, md
Level Contributor
110 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houseboat Deals

I just got a postcard & an email from Lake Powell Resorts & Marian. If you book by 2/17/09 you can save up to 30% on selected houseboats and up to 50% on powerboats. The Promo Code is: LPFUN. I don't see the information of their website, so it may be sent to me because I have rented from them before.

Hope this may help you.

Marsha

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Houseboat Deals

Thanks for the info.Sounds like reservations may be a little slow up there.

Yucca Valley, CA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Houseboat Deals

I've got a problem....My wife and I own a week on a 65 foot houseboat on Lake Powell (July 12 - July 18). Unfortunately this year we have no other families lined up to go with us due to other commitments and financial hard times. It might seem bold to post this, but our family is accustomed to meeting and enjoying the company of others throughout our vacations. My wife and I are easy going math teachers with two awesome boys (13 and 15). We are into all kinds of water sports and adventure.

Disclaimer:) This is not a drunk trip. We love to socialize and alcohol is sometimes involved, but nothing we would be ashamed of later.

The cost of the trip is approximately $2000 per family for four families (including mine). This includes the shared yearly fees of the boat, gas for the houseboat, your boat/PWCs, AND food for the week. If fewer families participate, the cost increases, but will not be more than $3000.

It's an awesome trip and we're willing to share it.

Boat Specs...

2001 14x65 (pulled out of water every week, fully cleaned and inspected, then relaunched withing 24 hours)

Loading and unloading are done on land>>>+land gas prices

Four Staterooms

Two Bathrooms

Full Upper Deck with navigational controls upper and lower

Twin 5.0 liter marine engines

14 KWt generator with DryStack exhaust (Safety feature not found on many boats)

3 ton AC

Residential Electric Appliances

Dining Room

Living Room

XM Radio, TV/DVD, Cell phone booster

600 Gallon fuel station (never used more than 350) for all needs including houseboat.

6. Re: Houseboat Deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 15, 2009