We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oak hill inn

ms
1 post
Save Topic
oak hill inn

We recently spent the weekend at Oak Hill Inn in Natchez and were thrilled with the place. The house is a lovely 1830s cottage which is tastefully done. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. One of the nicest aspects is the location on a dead end street but in the historic center of town with major attactions in walking distance. The breakfast is the high light featuring a lovely combination of tradional items and fresh baked goods created by one of the owners. A wonderful establishment.

Allen

Mentioned in this post
Natchez
Natchez
Mississippi
Starlings Rest
Starlings Rest
#1 of 18 hotels in Natchez
Dunleith
Dunleith
#2 of 18 hotels in Natchez
Vero Beach, FL
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: oak hill inn

I have visited Natchez about 4 or 5 times and have stayed at Oak Hill Inn three times. The house is a fantastic example of an Antebellum planter's cottage that has been well preserved. The breakfast experience is more like that of a fine restaurant. They use real period china, linen, crystal, etc. and always fresh cut floral arrangements. How many meals in your life will you actually sit down at such a richly set table? The fare is spectacular, cooked to order, and very creative. I have spent what it costs for a suite at Oak Hill (about $140.00) on countless meals that would not hold a candle to an Oak Hill breakfast. Most B and B's I have stayed in give you a breakfast with the room. I go to Oak Hill for the breakfast, the comfy room is just a perk

that happens to be included. I would not consider staying in Natchez if I couldn't stay at Oak Hill.

Mentioned in this post
Natchez
Natchez
Mississippi
2. Re: oak hill inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Natchez