We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late season snow?

Oxfordshire, England
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Late season snow?

Hello - we are thinking of visiting Sierra Nevada for some end of season skiing around 11th April 2012

We have never skied this area before and after some advice on the snow conditions at this time of year in this resort?

Additionally of the different areas to stay within the resort which would be best ?

Thank You

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late season snow?

Heavy snow overnight.

You may find some helpful information at www.sierranevada.es

You can also see weather information and live webcam pictures at www.malagaweather.com - just click on the Sierra Nevada section on teh right hand side of the page.

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late season snow?

In Andalucía we have just had the driest winter for 60 years. Two years ago, we had the wettest winter for 50 years. Maybe someone dares to predict what the snow will be like next month, but I wouldn´t trust them.

Benissa, Spain
Level Contributor
67 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late season snow?

Hello! We were there a couple of weeks ago and it hadn't snowed for a while so there were bare mountains around us but the slopes were still enjoyable. And now it is snowing so can only be better. We were really impressed with the resort and really enjoyed the reds all together at La Laguna.

I wrote a blog about our experience with tips on how to settle into the resort with ease. Hope its helpful.

quirkyaccom.com/general-blog-articles/ski-si…

Lisboa
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Late season snow?

Hello :)

What about this year (2015)? I'll have a break from work on April 7th-12t., will snow levels be ok by then? How does it look so far? I've seen the webcams but it's hard to try and forecast for the next month or so....

Thanks!

5. Re: Late season snow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 17, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Nevada