We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crawford, Nebraska
1 post
Save Topic
New Years Eve

I was planning on a trip to Keystone New Years eve. I would like to know what stores and attractions that would be open that day. Thank you for your time Cindy Drinkwalter. cdrinkwalter@yahoo.com

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,299 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

Hi Cindy,

If you don't get any responses, I would contact the Keystone Chamber of Commerce (keystonechamber.com-there's a phone number on the website). To my knowledge, we don't have any Keystone locals who post on a regular basis on the forum, although it's possible someone will emerge.

Most things close for the season. You will find more things open in Rapid City.

Have a merry Christmas!

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

I agree that you probably won't find too much open, especially when it comes to shops. Many places in Keystone close for the season in early to late fall. It's a very small town.

Rapid City has more that will be open, including the "chain" stores. Deadwood is also an option for you if you are looking for night life. Attractions that are run by the national park service will be open in the area, such as Rushmore, Wind Cave, Jewel Cave, and the Badlands. I would imagine places might be closing earlier than usual.

3. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:34 am, January 29, 2014
4. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 01, 2015