We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holy Terrors Day information

uk
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Holy Terrors Day information

Hi

I will be in the Keystone area on the 8th & 9th September this year and have seen the Holy Terrors event listed in a tourist magazine and from what little it says it sounds like a fun event.

However, I can't seem to find out much about it as the website link just takes me to a page of adverts for other things.

I would be interested to know when the ugly truck event is, when the parade is etc but can't find information anywhere. If any of you locals are able to help me I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holy Terrors Day information

I had the same problem when going to the website link. However, the blackhillsbadlands.com had the below information as well as an email address and telephone number. Perhaps you can get more information from these two contacts.

Keystone

September 10 - 12, 2010

"Truly the City of Gold" Experience the flavor of the old west! Visit Keystone and the Holy Terror Days Celebration. Holy Terror Days began in 1894 during the gold rush as one of the richest gold towns in the southern hills. Keeping with tradition the celebration hosts Horse and Buggy activities including judging, horse poker ride, parade, authentic chuckwagon BBQ, history enactments, family country street dance, art in the park, fun kids games from the past, tasty pig roast, community auction and historic walking tour. Help us celebrate our past, join us! Activities located at the community park and Big Thunder Gold Mine.

Holy Terror Days Association

PO Box 459

Keystone, SD 57751

Tel: 605-666-4847

Email: mclainsandra@aol.com

uk
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holy Terrors Day information

Thank you very much for your help mountainmama5 -

I will email the address you have given me and see if they can help as the website link is still just showing adverts for other sites.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,900 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holy Terrors Day information

In addition to the great info. Mt. Mama gave, here's info on the 2012 from the Keystone Chamber's website:

http://www.keystonechamber.com/events.php

There's a different phone number, but since you are from the UK, calling could be an issue. Another option might be to email the Keystone Chamber, since the website doesn't seem to be working.

info@keystonechamber.com

There's a walk going on that day. Here's a link to that page.

ava.org/clubs/…202012.htm

You will also see an email contact at the bottom where you can contact the person in charge of the walk. Perhaps she'd be able to answer some questions.

Good luck!

uk
Level Contributor
240 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holy Terrors Day information

That's great slrtravelplan - I will take a look at both sites and email the walk organiser as well as the Keystone Chamber and hopefully someone will reply.

Thank you very much.

5. Re: Holy Terrors Day information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:46 pm, July 09, 2013