We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roosevelt Inn?

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Roosevelt Inn?

I've been doing some research on hotels near Mount Rushmore. The Roosevelt Inn seems to have some good amenities and a good location. My only concern is the "tone" of the website. They don't sound very friendly and, frankly, very inviting. Can anyone provide any insight?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roosevelt Inn?

I'd be glad to. We stayed here 2 years ago and absolutely loved it. I have a review on this site. I guess I missed the "tone" of the website that you are referring to. Honestly, I found their website extremely well done and very informative. The pics posted of the rooms seemed quite accurate, imo. We stayed in the family suite, and the room was depicted quite well on the site.

As for the staff, they are VERY friendly. The hotel is run by mature individuals that are quite familiar with the area. We often chatted with the desk clerk over breakfast for our plans for the day, and he often gave very helpful insight. I even asked him the best place to buy Black Hills Gold, and he was happy to give a recommendation. I recommended this place to a friend, and she, too, had the same experience we did. The staff was great; in fact, she said they were hard to get away from. They would have chatted all day! :) The cleaning staff was always at the room in a timely fashion and were more than willing to return if we hadn't left for the day's activities yet. Our requests for hair dryers and extra towels were always handled with a smile.

As you probably saw, there is a pizzeria on site that is excellent! The staff there is very helpful and pleasant as well.

I hope this helps in your decision making. This is honestly one of my favorite hotels I have stayed in on a vacation. Please don't hesitate to ask any additional questions.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
26,894 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roosevelt Inn?

We just stayed at the K Bar S Lodge in Keystone. It has beautiful rooms at the foot of Mt. Rushmore and has a great hot breakfast included. The staff is great and it is not right downtown in the touristy area. You can't go wrong with these accomodations.

3. Re: Roosevelt Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 04, 2009