We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for a family reunion

NY
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for a family reunion

Hi all. My family is planning a reunion to Keystone SD. I guess my first question should be is this a good place for a family reunion? I would assume that any towns chamber of commerce would make the town sound like fun (http://www.keystonechamber.com/).

Assuming it is a good destination we need a hotel to stay at. We would need enough space to all stay together (there's about 20 of us). We're looking at the Best Western Presidents Lodge but it got 3.5 out of 5 stars but I don't see any better places to stay that would meet our criteria....is this the best place for us to stay?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,951 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for a family reunion

We stayed in Keystone last year and really enjoyed it. Some say it's a touristy town, but we were so busy sighseeing we really didn't mind.

We liked the Roosevelt Inn very much. I have a review on this site. They have family suites that sleep 5 ...nice for families with small children, as they have a separate living area. It's not an overly large hotel, but with 20, I'm not sure how many rooms you would need. I'm thinking 10 max?? I guess a lot will depend on when you are visiting the area.

If you don't find anything in Keystone, Hill City is nice also. There are many nice looking hotels in town. The Holiday Inn Express has good reviews on this site.

Hope this helps some. Have fun planning. Ask if you have any more questions.

Rochester Hills...
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for a family reunion

I think you would be happy with the general Keystone, Custer, Hill City area. Look at all three of those towns to see which clicks with you the most.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hill City and found it nice. There is the Bavarian Inn in Custer also which has a lot of rooms, but is of the "older" motel style.

There are lots and lots and lots of small family run "resorts" in these areas that rent cabins. One of those might fit your needs.

3. Re: Hotel for a family reunion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 06, 2009