We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets around Ovacik

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Markets around Ovacik

We are going to Ovacik/Turkey for the first time and wondered what markets there are in Ovacik or nearby? Also does anyone know if we will be able to buy replica football shirts anywhere as my son is addicted to the world cup and has a list of countries shirts he would like, but at around £50 ea over here, he will be lucky to get one! Thanks.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets around Ovacik

Hi Jackie, we always stay in Ovacik every year and the nearest market is held on a Monday in Hisaronu which is next door to Ovacik. Depending where you are staying, it is only a short walk, which is what we do (it takes us approximately 30 minutes, but we are on the outskirts of Ovacik) , or, you could get the dolmus in.

There are numerous stalls selling replica football shirts, and don't forget to haggle to get the price down, especially if you are buying more than one.

Also we find the shops in Hisaronu sell the same stuff as the markets.

There is a much bigger market held on a Tuesday in Fethiyre, but I would advise you to go there early as it gets very hot later in the day.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets around Ovacik

There's also Patlangic market on Saturdays and Calis on Sundays.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,979 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets around Ovacik

The market football shirts are not up to date. We use the shop in HIsaronu opposite Azda. He always has the latest shirts and they are always £10.00 each.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets around Ovacik

Market footy shirts this year are rubbish quality.

Stick to buying them from the shops.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Markets around Ovacik

Any recommendations for bag shops in Fethiye?

Despite many holidays in this area I haven't actually spent any time in the town, but believe there's a road going off from the harbour area (correct me if I'm wrong) which has some nice shops!

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Markets around Ovacik

Wheyaye Kate,

There's an excellent, permanent, covered market/bazaar selling all kinds of bags,clothing jewellery and indeed, anything you can think of..

It's huge so you cannot miss it. Simply turn left at the harbour and it's on the street behind (Whatever you do dinna turn right at the harbour otherwise you are in trouble)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,979 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Markets around Ovacik

Kate,

I hope you will go to Fethiye, it's a wonderful working town. There are many lovely shops.

If you walk from the dolmus terminal to the left with the sea on your right, you will walk through small shops which are around the fish and fruit and vegetable market. After this you will come to quite a lot of shops. There is a big departmnt store called Ramadan and after this is a long street with lots of shops and bigger stores, one on three floors called L.C. Waikiki. Also Mavi which sells clothes that are made in Turkey. Walk along this street and at the end there is a Jewellery Shop called Dikmens, cross the road at the crossing, you will then see the Entrance to Paspatur which is the old town of Fethiye (not a covered market). Lots of very good shops in Paspatur. There is a Change shop on the corner of the first entrance opposite Dikmens and if you walk along from this Change Shop opposite on the left is Saman (pronounced Shaman) they are an unique shop with some lovely jewellery that they make themselves. They also have clothes and lovely leather bags that they have especially made. We bought a very soft navy leather bag from them for only £65.00. They have them hand made locally and this bag is beautiful and so much cheaper than the fake designer bags. Please look at the jewellery. To date I now have 33 bracelets from them.. I am hooked. They are so cheap and so different.

Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/samanbutik…

There is also a fake bag shop in Paspatur called Maya they have very good bags but they are not cheap. After you have been to Paspatur you can walk right along the Harbour along to the new Marina Park, there are some really nice little shop in the lanes that run down to the Park.

Remember to take Lira to spend or change your money at the Official Change Offices, you will get a good rate.

For a good guide to Fethiye I would recommend "Turkey's for Life" a great blog written by two Brits who live in Fethiye. This is there website. If you look along the top, it gives you a map of Fethiye, Things to see and do and a guide to restaurants.

http://www.turkeysforlife.com

(I note you are not far from us in Aberdeen).

8. Re: Markets around Ovacik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ovacik