We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Transport Ovacik to Kalkan

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Public Transport Ovacik to Kalkan

Hi we are visiting Ovacik for the first time in August, please can someone let me know if I can get the bus or dolmus from there to Kalkan or if I need to go in to Fetihye? Also timetables would be helpful. Thanks.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,983 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public Transport Ovacik to Kalkan

You would need to get the dolmus into Fethiye and then a bus from the Otogar to Kalkan. From Fethiye it takes about 2 hours so need to leave early. No idea of timetables, sorry.

If you are going to Kalkan the streets are very steep and slippy, going down to the harbour, so take flat shoes with backs on them. Also the beach is very small and fills up quickly.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public Transport Ovacik to Kalkan

When you get on the dolmus, ask for the Otogar (bus station) which is before you get to the main road in Fethiye, the dolmus stops outside. The Kalkan bus runs regularly throughout the day but as FJ says, be aware that the bus station is at the top of the hill and it is steep. The journey takes about an hour and a half but it is very pleasant.

Here is the timetable

www.batiantalyatur.net/…

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
92 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public Transport Ovacik to Kalkan

Thanks guys :-)

4. Re: Public Transport Ovacik to Kalkan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations