We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cigarette lighters

hartlepool
Level Contributor
791 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
cigarette lighters

Can you pack them in your suitcase?

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cigarette lighters

We always have and never had any problems.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cigarette lighters

I take a couple through in my hand luggage just put them in the clear resealable plastic bag to go through security..I thought they could not go in the hold luggage,but I might be wrong..

WENDY

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,917 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cigarette lighters

One lighter per person may be carried on a flight. Lighters are considered to be liquids and should be put inside the plastic bag or screened separately.

It is very important that you do not:

•place it in your hold baggage

•return it to your hand baggage after screening

Angie.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cigarette lighters

Easyjet rules are,

" Please note that passengers may only carry on their person one box of safety matches or one refillable cigarette lighter. These must be carried on the person and are NOT permitted in Your Hand Baggage or in Your Hold Baggage. Disposable lighters and “strike anywhere” matches are NOT permitted to be carried either in the aircraft cabin (on Your person or in Hand Baggage) or in Hold Baggage under any circumstances."

Can you imagine what could happen if a lighter ignited in a suitcase during turbulance!!!

luvturkey, "We always have and never had any problems." Lucky you.

Edited: 2:41 pm, August 27, 2012
5. Re: cigarette lighters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations