We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leytur Hotel

cumbria
Level Contributor
97 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Leytur Hotel

Booked for end Aug and although excellent reviews, looked again at postings. Most have been written by a first poster or return customer, which I know says a lot, but when you look at the bad reviews they all say the same thing - if you're not round the pool all day or the bar by night and spending money, then the owners and staff are not so friendly. I don't go on holiday to do this, I like to go out daily and see things - and eat out at night, ending back at the hotel bar (hopefully not to be ignored). Been visiting Turkey since 1982 and never experienced this - could someone reassure me that I havent booked the wrong hotel.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leytur Hotel

Hi, I have been visiting turkey myself for the past 20years. Going to the blue pearl in ovacik nxt month and really looking forward to it, never been to this part of turkey before, but I have read on a lot of these forums that a lot of the S/C apartments seem to have the same atitude and in some apartments are even confiscating food and drink off people if they are consuming it by the pool which I think is out of order because if u wanted to stay in a hotel all day, eat and drink there, u would go A/I. I understand that they have to make a living but they have to understand the meaning of S/C and not to treat guests rude for not purchasing from their premises.

I like to go out everynight and try different restaurants and will be having a night cap at the pool bar. But I will be stocking up my fridge with drinks in the day as I have 2 children and it will cost me a fortune to keep going to the bar.

I'm sure not all the staff are like this and hopefully its not as bad as what people are making out and you can understand that if you spend more money there your going to be more popular with the staff.

I hope you have a lovely holiday and I wouldn't worry about it ;)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leytur Hotel

sucumbria

we went a couple of years ago, and yes we got snubbed as we went out most days on boat trips and went out every evening! One night we didnt stop for dinner and got questioned as to where we were going!

cumbria
Level Contributor
97 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leytur Hotel

Thanks for the prompt replies - gone are the days when you chose from a brochure and looked forward to the unknown. Addicted to TA now and just worry - "too much inormation" as they say. We'll just have to hope it's better than expected.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
721 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leytur Hotel

"if you're not round the pool all day or the bar by night and spending money, then the owners and staff are not so friendly"

To be fair, it's not just the Leytur where we have experienced this phenomenon. I've never let it bother me. Ultimately, I'm only looking for somewhere to sleep, maybe spend a couple of days by the pool and have a decent breakfast.

Leyla will no doubt try the 'hard-sell' when you check-in - AC, safety-box, Turkish Night. Just do what we did and politely decline the latter - just make sure you're not planning an early night when it's on!

You will have a great time.

Edited: 5:49 am, July 19, 2012
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leytur Hotel

Hi have stayed at leytur twice and have absolutely not experienced hard sell or unkindness from the owner and staff. It would be odd if you didn't go out and about. I'm sure you will enjoy yourselves at this lovely hotel.

cumbria
Level Contributor
97 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leytur Hotel

thanks so much for reassurance - really was getting worried!

England
Level Contributor
350 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leytur Hotel

I agree with Janio

We have stayed at the Leytur and we were made to feel very welcome and did not experience any hard sale or made to feel uncomfortable for not eating/drinking at the hotel or for going out for the day. We would totally recommend this hotel, without a doubt. We are actually staying at Leyla's sister-in-law's hotel, the Celay end of August. Only reason we are staying there and not at the Leytur is because it's a slightly bigger hotel, it will be our second time there.

You will not regret staying at the Leytur - Leyla and all her staff are fantastic and work very hard at making your holiday just perfect.

8. Re: Leytur Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Ovacik