We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Bag Help Needed !

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Medical Bag Help Needed !

Hi, Not really sure if anyone can help,but im at my wit's end and thought i would try anyway .

We have booke our holiday with thomas cook ,we fly monday 16th.i was told to get a doctors letter and they would sort out a medical bag with the airline.picked tickets up friday , gave her letter she told me i had to ring the airline myself to arrange it.

i have treyed ringing turkey (pegagsus airlines) constantly engaged.i have emailed .

question is does anyone know any other way of contacting them?

has anyone delt with this before..

all help greatfully received.

i have spread most of the medication/medical eqipment in my hold suitcases but i have 14 x 100ml bags sodium cloride i need to keep seprate as they weigh a lot x

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,647 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

If you go to the T.Cook website they have a live question and answer section. I have used it and got a T.Cook employee to answer my question as soon as I gave her my booking reference. Found it really useful.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

Dee

May i suggest you go back to the Thomas Cook shop.

No matter its another airline you are flying with. Thomas Cook as you state are the agent who took your holiday booking and they requested a doctors letter ,and they said they would sort it out...

They should be doing this on your behalf

You should not be having to phone Turkey or anywhere for that matter.

Bad form from TC in my view

Good Luck Mick

Edited: 5:44 pm, July 08, 2012
Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

Dee - may be a bit late to help, but many flight companies give extra baggage weight allowance for medical requirements - worth asking about if you ever get throgh to them.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

You are allowed 10x100mls in your hand luggage as long as its in the regulation plastic bag for inspection at security.

Surprisingly Thomas Cook are good giving an extra allowance for medical equipment etc.

They allowed me an extra 20 kg for items I took for the Red Cross in Tunisia last year.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

Thank you all very much, I think i will pop back to Thomas Cook tomorrow ,i will update on the outcome.. Knitter they are 1000ml bags not 100 ml hun but thanks x

I honestly think the rep i spoke to last week couldnt be bothered,she asked me to spread the medical stuff out in the cases but this isnt possible ,because of the weight/size .

xx its hard enough preparing a holiday with a normal family of 6 ontop of this i have hisa medical problems/equipment/medictaion/insurance to pre -order.

thanks again x

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

UPDATE!

went online to thomas cook ,he told me he couldnt help as i hadnt booked online or over the phone ,but did tell me to go back into the shop and the travel agent should do it.

i rang the shop,the lady was very helpful she said she would ring for me .

she tryed pegagsus all day but couldnt get through,when she did she was told they dont do medical bags and we would have to pay for extra luggage.

she then went on to say if that was the case at manchester to bring my receit in after we get back and we would get a refund !

im not taking the chance so i have repacked 5 cases into 4 and kept his medical bag ..doctors letter which i paid £15 for was a waste of time .. funny really how when i book my own flights i can sort a medical bag out and they cant,pegasus must be the only airline that dont allow one been to turkey 3 times in the past with onurair and they did them..

oh well not stressing now going to look forward to monday and my holiday xx b

thanks for all your help peeps xx

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

sorry should of said even though i booked it through thomas cook its an olympic holiday x

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

GL Dee

enjoy your holiday

Mick

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

thanx clerry x

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Medical Bag Help Needed !

You can just buy a medical bag such as listed on www.MediBargains.co.uk many are suitable for travel

Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations