We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations

Just to say thanks to all who recommended restaurants in and around Ovacik. Had 21 nights of eating out and tried lots of the suggested places.

Rockpool Restaurant really suited us because of the super play area for kids. Just to name a few we also liked Mirage, 3 Cheers, 4 Seasons, Angels all in Ovacik and Robin Hood further along in Hisaronu.

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Yengec Restaurant
$$ - $$$, International, Mediterranean, European
Shiraz Eat and Drink
$$ - $$$, Steakhouse, Mediterranean, European
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

any you would recommend for a real slap up meal/last night dinner...dont mind paying through the roof??

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

teetiefunk

We enjoyed them all. Have a look at these posts with various recommendations.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609057-i12143-k…

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Nice one goodtotravel - now a question for you.

Where is the rockpool restaurant, as many on here ask about places that are kid friendly, and that sounds worth looking into.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations

FF

I will try and give directions but have to confess I am hopeless at this.

Its on Ataturk Cad. If you are walking along from Hisaronu into Ovacik keep to the left hand side. You will pass AZDA in Ovacik. Keep walking and after a minute or two you will pass Angels Restaurant. Still continue walking.

You will come to a small Mosque on the left hand side and that is where you turn off to walk down to Green Valley apartments where we stayed. You will see the the sign there for Green Valley. Cross over the road (same side of the street) and you will pass a small taxi office where the taxi drivers are sitting outside. Then you will come to the ORKA Club. This has a statue with 3 dolphins outside.

Phew!.... Keep walking passed Cheers Restaurant, a few shops then Mirage restaurant , a few more shops and then eventually Rockpool. My little grandson used to get very impatient in restaurants when sitting in the highchair waiting a while for food. Rockpool was the answer for us. Its absolutely ideal if you have kids with you so they can play until the food arrives.

if you are coming in from the opposite direction then its on the right hand side (that the same side as BIM supermarket) but maybe 5 or 10 mins further along.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant recommendations

if you pay through the nose for a meal then there is something

wrong as you can get a three course meal at the Rockpool

for about 25lira .Ate there last year best meal we had

when we ate out. Cannot wait to go back September this

year

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Actually you can eat cheaper than that at Rockpool. I am fairly certain they had a 3 course menu on offer to start at 13 lira. My daughter noted prices so she would know for definate. They always bring you beautiful fresh baked bread with 3 dips on the house to start with so you can munch on this whilst waiting for your starters.

Definately worth a visit.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
540 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Will defo try the Rockpool when we go in Sept,from the directions its only a few hundred yds from our Hotel.There's another Restaurant iv'e not been to that's getting good reviews on T/A called the Chindi that i might try.

Chippenham, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant recommendations

teetiefunk - for something a bit special and not expensive try the Yengec in Ovacik reviewed at tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g609057-d2…

Mentioned in this post
Yengec Restaurant
Yengec Restaurant
564 Reviews
Ovacik, Turkey
Ovacik
Ovacik
Oludeniz, Turkey
Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Goodtotravel - thanks for the directions - very usefull for others with kids.

Watford
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant recommendations

Teetle, I am in Ocavik now. Can you tell me where this place is? Cannot seem to find it? Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about Ovacik