We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas in Ovacik - safe to stay in?

Newcastle
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villas in Ovacik - safe to stay in?

Hi

I am staying in a Villa in Ovacik next year which seemed a good idea at the time but I have read some worrying reports about them being broken into and general safety. The Villa I am staying in looks to be at the back of Ovacik at the bottom of Babadag mountain - does anyone know anything about this? I am concerned as I have a young Son to look after!!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated,

Kath

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Villas in Ovacik - safe to stay in?

Sorry to say, you are not alone, it seems loads more people suffered the same fate this year, & last year too. The same thing happened to me, & the police took a statement, accused me of setting it up as a Insurance Scam, & then ignored all my requests for a Crime Number.

I hope you were one of the lucky ones, in so much as you got a pay out on your Travel Insurance???

I did, but only after contacting people in Feithiye for help, & my insurance company writing to the Police, who ignored them, like they did me.

But after six months, got my compensation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
666 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Villas in Ovacik - safe to stay in?

This is a bit sad, thought I would check the forum as was wondering about going back this year even though we had a bad experience in 2011 in a villa, same story as everyone else :-( loss of tablets, phones, small amount of cash, whoever is saying this only happens when you are out is wrong, it happens when you are asleep in bed just as often, these are targeted crimes on Brits who have just arrived, villas are obviously watched and cased. We had locked the place up, taken sensible precautions, they didn't get the passports or cards thank goodness.

Was checking the forum for villas and to see if anything had changed and if the Turkish Police had bothered to get on top of it as it can't be that hard to stop surely, it's not like it's some large metropolitan city. Same as everyone reports here they weren't really interested in our case too much paperwork for them I guess, bunch of lazy arises :-( . Seems like they still can't be bothered with getting on top of this and now seems to have been going on for some years. Such a shame as it is such a beautiful place and must affect people's perceptions.

Edited: 11:45 am, March 02, 2014
43. Re: Villas in Ovacik - safe to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ovacik