We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

Manchester
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

This might sound a little odd but..... We normaly take inflatables to "play" in the pool with, and we normaly leave them behind. It has made me think that if other people do this do we need to take any at all?? Has anyone stayed at the Greenland recently and noticed if there were any left inflatables?

northampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

There were some that seemed to be 'spare' when we were there two weeks ago, mainly at the top pool. If you do need to buy some when you are there, dont buy them in the hotel shop as they are 25-35 lira compared to 7-15 lira in Hisaronu. Have a great time! We go back again 8 weeks.

northampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

PS If you need to know anything else, just ask!

london
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

Hello there,

We are going to Greenland Hotel in 8 weeks too, was wondering if we need to take beach towels or not. How far is Hisaronu from the hotel, is it walking distance, and are there any shops or bars within walking distance ?? Can't wait, we're on count down now, must be a great hotel if your going back.

Thanks, look forward to your reply,

Dee

northampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

Hi There, It is a great hotel, what date do you go?

As for towels, there are towels in the rooms, and then for beach/pool towels you pay 10 lira per person deposit at the beginning of your holiday, and get fresh towels every day. They give you your 10 lira back at the end. Just ask at reception. Ignore what people have said about reception staff, we never found any problems with them being grumpy! Hisaronu is about 15-25 mins walk, depending on how fit you are, but there is a dolmus that takes you, they run about every 10 mins and stop where you want. It costs 3.50 lira for 2, it takes 4-5 mins. Hisaronu has got some great little shops, bars etc.

Are you going for 1 or 2 weeks? Anything else, just ask.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

Thanks for the info re. the pool towels. We are going to Hotel Greenland on Friday (6 August) for the second time. This time we are going to hire the towels to save on our luggage allowance which is only 15kg per person! Do you know how much it is to hire the safety deposit box as I have forgotten? Also, do they accept payment in pounds or do they only take lira?

northampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

not sure on safe, i think £20 for the week.

They take pounds or lira. I paid my mini bar bill in sterling, it was only £1.40 but it was not a problem. I am so jealous that you are going friday! I still have 8 more weeks to wait, feels like weve been back 2 months, not two weeks!

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

Thanks for that. Did you hire a safety deposit box and if so, can you remember how much it costs? 8 weeks will fly over and will be here before you know it!

northampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

we didnt hire the safe, but im sure i heard someone say it was about £20.

These 8 weeks arent going by quick enough!!

london
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

Hi there,

Thanks for you reply, thats great no towels to take, more room for shoes hehehe, we go on 27th Sept for 10 nights from Gatwick, what date do you go and where you flying from ??

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions for you in the next few weeks, oh thats if you don't mind of course !!!

Dee

northampton
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Pool toy's Hotel Greenland

We go on October 4th for 10 nights, from Luton. We will see you there for a couple of days! If you love shoes, you can get designer ones there really cheap, I bought 4 new handbags!! If you think of anything else, just ask, Ill help if I can.

Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations