We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the supermarkets like ??

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wirral merseyside
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What are the supermarkets like ??

Hi !!

Going to icmeler for the first time at the end of the month !! We are going self catering and wondered what the supermarkets are like.

What price is it for basics etc ?? Bread, milk, beers/spirits etc?

Is there alot of supermerkets around ??

Thankyou

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the supermarkets like ??

Hi mushy1chris

There are plenty of supermarkets all over the resort. Most are like the general store/corner shop you get in the UK. They sell everything you need at prices not much different from the larger ones. They are also a good place to change your money.There are 4 larger supermarkets ; Tansas, Migros, Dia and Bim. We always go self catering and when we first arrive we stock up on essentials at one of the bigger supermarkets. After that we just shop each day for fresh bread, milk, etc at the nearest small supermarket. Milk is 3.50 Lira, bread 0.75 and a 50 cl bottle of EFES will be about 4 Lira.

Iain

wirral merseyside
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the supermarkets like ??

Thats very helpful thanks Iain !!

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the supermarkets like ??

I've never bought a lot of food in Turkey,but one year I thought I'd buy my toiletries on arrival and found them a lot dearer that at home.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the supermarkets like ??

As a rule of thumb buy the Turkish version of anything as it will be cheaper. Imported items are much more expensive. For example we bought Turkish butter at 7.45. The same size of imported Lurpak was 13.45.

5. Re: What are the supermarkets like ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler