We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalaman Airport Information

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Dalaman Airport Information

I have put some of the information on Dalaman Airport in one thread, if anyone has any more information please add on

ARRIVALS

On entry into Dalaman Airport after Visa and Passport control opposite the baggage carousels where you collect your luggage a 24/7 Duty free shop is open for Trade, The maximum allowance for Cigarettes is Three cartons 600 per person, And 2 Litre’s of Spirits you may legally bring into Turkey, At checkout you will be asked to produce your Passport which is scanned at the tills by the staff so that you cannot Purchase anymore.

DEPARTURES

A word of warning here at Check in should your baggage be overweight at check in you will be charged accordingly by the Airline, See your Airline details for charges, Some Airlines are very strict with this issue.

At Dalaman Airport the same restrictions are now in place as any other European Airport, At the first security check in at the front doors you can take liquids through, You then check in your luggage etc, walk to the centre of the Airport and you come to the security check where all liquids are taken from you, You then go through passport control and then come through into the departure lounge.

The Airport has many shops/Bars Cafe's Duty free goods etc, Note all of these shops are very expensive to purchase food and drinks from, Take sandwiches crisps peanuts etc from the Resort your actually in as they will be far less expensive than Airport shop prices.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

CHANGES TO TOURIST VISA FOR BRITISH NATIONALS

Since 2010, Turkish visit visas issued at arrival ports state that they are valid for multiple stays up to a maximum of 90 days in a 180 day period.

Up to 31 January 2012, this rule has not been enforced by the Turkish immigration authorities, who were operating a flexible interpretation of the requirement.

From 1 February 2012, the new visa rules will be fully enforced, and you will only be able to stay in Turkey for a total of 90 days in every 180.

If you plan to remain in Turkey for a period of more than 90 days after 1st February, you should either enquire about longer stay visas from your nearest Turkish Embassy before departure, or if in Turkey, you should enquire at your local Foreigners Police Department (Yabancilar Sube) before 90 days expires. If you stay in Turkey for long periods of time, it may be worth considering obtaining a residence permit.

Be careful not to overstay the 90 day period. Overstaying is taken very seriously by the Turkish Authorities. As is current practice, those who overstay the 90 day limit could be fined, detained, deported and banned from re-entering Turkey.

here&there
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

Re the first post - its also worth mentioning that check-in does sometimes weigh hand-luggage and they are fairly strict on those allowances too.

Its usually 5K allowance on hand/cabin bags but check your booking info.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/help-fo ... ant-update

people can actually stay for a period of 9 months in total by applying for a 6 month tourist residence permit which would follow on from the 90 day stay allowed in the tourist visa

Wales
Level Contributor
699 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

Found executive lounge good value, comfortable chairs - unlimited food and non alcoholic beverages together with free wifi

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

how much was it Eddy?

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
515 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

Fee at the CIP lounge is 20 euros pp. Might book it, have used the one at Cardiff, and it was great.

here&there
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

I thought the exec lounge in Dalaman departures don't offer alcohol or good snacks and facilities - am I wrong?

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
515 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

They do offer snacks and soft drinks, you have to pay for alcholic drinks, but there are other facilities there.I hav'nt been there, but I'm thinking of booking for Sept, as we have a long wait for our plane, as the couple who we are travelling with leave 90 mins before us, going to a different airport, so I thought I might book it. Last year we had no room to sit in departures for the whole time.

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
515 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

Anybody used the lounge, as somebody on another site told me they were very pleased with it, I know you have to pay for alcaholic drinks, but all else free. Any thoughts?

Wales
Level Contributor
699 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dalaman Airport Information

Cost was comparable to a(Dalaman Airport) McDonalds meal and a can of Coke

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations