We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brand new £10 note?

Somerset
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Brand new £10 note?

I have read that you need to hand over a brand new £10 note for your visa, is this true? Also will someone let you know where to go to pay it in? I am getting so nervous as it is my first trip lol!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brand new £10 note?

You don't need a brand new note, as long as it's not torn or damaged any one will do as long as it's Sterling.

Getting your visa is simple!

When you get off the plane, just follow everyone else and stand in the queue. Have your passport ready with your tenner in it and hand it over. They will put your visa sticker in your passport and relieve you of your tenner! You then go through passport control, get it stamped and then go and collect your luggage. It's not a complicated process and usually only takes a few minutes. Don't worry!

Somerset
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brand new £10 note?

Cool, it sounds simple enough, thank you, was just worried about this brand new note thingy! lol

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brand new £10 note?

Also worth mentioning that it has to be an English £10 note - they don't accept Scottish.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,784 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brand new £10 note?

A lot of people get confused and stand in the passport control queue to get their visa,to get your visa first go to the left of passport control.

Manchester
Level Contributor
886 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brand new £10 note?

And make sure there isn't a picture of Mickey Mouse where the Queen should be!

Enjoy your holiday.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
810 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brand new £10 note?

and make sure you dont need change - they can be a bit fussy like that LOL

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Brand new £10 note?

What madkitty said makes much sense. Many people on here and other Turkey Forums say that £20 and even £50 notes have been accepted for couples/groups but to be on the safe side get however many tenners you need.

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
810 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brand new £10 note?

Mind you Ive found nowhere is as fussy as Morocco - they wont change notes up if they are old or have any tears or pen marks on, thats always an interesting trip to rhw bank LOL

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brand new £10 note?

I have been to Turkey many times but can someone clarify something for me. The Visa you obtain on entry covers you if needed for 90 days. I am going for one week, then coming back again within 90 days, will my Visa still be valid or does it have to cover up to and including my return visit?

Many thanks

Edited: 5:38 am, April 10, 2010
Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Brand new £10 note?

You can come and go again as many times as you like for a period of 90 days counting from (and including) you first date of entry.

What you must ensure is that your final departure date is not more than 90 days after your first arrival.

In other words, if, when you go back, the date of your departure is going to be after the 90 day period has expired, you must buy another visa.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations