We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bag searches!!!!

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
penzance
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
bag searches!!!!

Reading reviews i see a few hotels , search your bags , too stop you bringing in drink and food . Surely this is ridiculous ! sometimes you may wanna sit on your balcony with a drink and have a quiet night especially with young children ?!! confused !!

The Brighton Lot
Level Contributor
70 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bag searches!!!!

Really, never heard of that ! we have stayed in all-inclusive for many years and have never had our bags searched for food or drink, surely this should'nt be aloud especially as you say with young children who are always hungry or thirsty, I certainly would question this with hotel/apartments. Don't let it ruin your holiday just go with an open mind and hope for the best. Happy Holidays

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bag searches!!!!

Ive heard they do this at the liberty hotel hisaronu, we go in September and if they try to search my bag they will be told to jump and if they insist they will get a slap in the face ;-) , simples.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bag searches!!!!

This seems to be one of these ongoing 'İ heard' stories, so far İ have never spoken directly to anyone who has been searched.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bag searches!!!!

We stayed at the Liberty/Asena village as it was, many times - never had a problem like this. You may be approached if you take your own food and drinks to the pool side, which is very clear to everybody, and kind of understandable. We've never had any need for any kind of argument, just go and have a chilled out, relaxing break :-))

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: bag searches!!!!

A few AI hotels have this policy in Turkey, they display signs saying you could get fined however always took food back to my room and never had a problem, been searched or fined. I'm guessing pool area would be a no no as hotel need to make money too however I wouldn't be worried about in the room, I just make sure I put rubbish in public bin within hotel rather than room bin that way who's to know?

Doncaster
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bag searches!!!!

We stayed at the liberty hotel in turkey a few weeks back there is a sign outside the hotel saying no food or drink is aloud that is bought off site... Apparantly this is for health and safety and insurance reasons, we did however purchase drinks from the local azda and take them to our room but we never had bags checked.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bag searches!!!!

The Liberty hotel manager replies to his hotel reviews on here and he says that although the rule is no food/drink to brought into the hotel they do not strictly enforce this rule nor do they do bag searches.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bag searches!!!!

As mabtrip said, many places object to you bringing your own food and drink to consume around the bar / pool, but I don't see any logic in an AI establishment stopping people bringing in their own. After all, if you're eating and drinking your own stuff you are actually saving them money.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,632 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bag searches!!!!

In over 100 visits we have never had our bags searched.

Similar topic with some interesting bits!

tripadvisor.co.uk/…11849646

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bag searches!!!!

A few years back our bags were searched at the Telemessos, they took a bar of chocolate and a bottle of water from me. It was returned the next morning when I complained, we were regulars at this hotel but because of this refuse to go back

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations