We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money in Hisaronu?

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
84 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
money in Hisaronu?

We normally change money while abroad and have never been all inclusive, but we are going all inclusive this year, have bought 300lr but dont know whether to bring UK£ or pre load our Caxton card and even how much to bring.

The only experience is 10 years ago going to Istanbul and drawing money out of an atm to find that the money was photostated ie; fake and poor at that!

When going to euro land its never a problem as we just pre load our caxton card and draw in euro's

Any advice please - were going in 1 week

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,324 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money in Hisaronu?

Take Sterling and exchange it when you get there. It's always a better rate in Turkey than in the U.K. and at the moment it's really high.

west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money in Hisaronu?

Hi, I would just take the 300 lira you have and take the rest in sterling. If you don't feel comfortable travelling with cash take your bank card - I used the cash points there no problem! I used the cash point near the Turkish ivy and marks and Spangler

Atherton, Manchester
Level Contributor
117 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money in Hisaronu?

Hi, I have quite a few Euros left over from a previous holiday. Would it be a good idea to change them in Turkey for Lira as I would usually take Sterling?

Many thanks.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money in Hisaronu?

no problems taking Euros, nearly everywhere will change them - and the rate here is good so saves having them lying around for another year.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,324 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money in Hisaronu?

Just to let you know, it's the Kurban Bayram Holiday when you are there and Banks will be closed form Monday 14th October until Friday 18th October, this means ATM's may run out of money quite quickly during this period. All shops etc., will still be open.

Have a lovely holiday.

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money in Hisaronu?

Hi Francesjane

I'm over there that week too, will I be able to change money in the hotel or shops? Is it just banks that's that's closed?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,324 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: money in Hisaronu?

Hi, Yes the shops will be open as usually, so you can change money with them. It's not a good idea to change with your Hotel as you will not get a good rate.

Have a lovely time.

8. Re: money in Hisaronu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 04, 2014