We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold, shops or gold centres

Surrey, England.
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gold, shops or gold centres

Hi, I am thinking of gettingsome bits go gold while in Turkey, as people tell how good it is. I was all set to look at a jewellers in Hisaronu, Elif Gold, but now I am told to go to Telmessos Gold centre in Fethiye .

Has anyone experience of either of these, and which would you recommend?

Thanks for any advice.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

Thank you for getting back to me and I seriously hope you are right but I shall get the valuation in writing but we wasn't planning on returning to hisaronu til next may and didn't want to leave it til then. The jewellers I went to said that it hasn't got a hallmark stamp on it and its not white gold and its just metal, with fashion stone and not a diamond.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

Are you the gentleman that owns the shop Topuzlu in Hisaronu? If so can I fax over the valuation to you as I won't be coming to hisaronu for a long time.

Fethiyeturkey
2 posts
Save Reply
33. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

My email is husnutopuzlu@hotmail.com just sent to me valuatıon please l never sell faslın jewellery to anyone just please contact and here ıs my phone number 0090 252 6166662 and Tell me please whıch date you bought ıt thank you

essex
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

Been going to Elif gold for many years would not go anywhere else

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

i thought it strange that this post had been resurrected after 6 months. However, I see the person who resurrected it has been a member since 2007 made 23 postings and 10 of them have been to praise the same Jewellery Shop. So, I leave other members to judge this post on it's merits.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
533 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

I have bought a wedding and engagement ring about five years ago from Husnu who owns Topuzlu. Both have been valued in UK. We have also bought other items too. We have always found Husnu to be a gentleman and we always call in for a chat each year we visit. If I saw an item I truely wanted I would not hesitate to buy from Husnu again. I have also bought from Elif Gold and was happy with items purchased there too. It's all down to personal preference where you buy from but I for one was very happy with my experience at Topuzlu.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

I think this statement is a bit harsh since you have obviously never met Husnu at Topuzlu Jewellery,I have bought nearly every piece of jewellery my wife has from this gentleman from as far back as 2000 when it was Infinity, we have engagement ring and a made to order wedding ring to match not to mention numerous earrings , bracelets and other rings totalling best part of £3000 and we always got given certificate with carat details stone quality etc and on returning to the UK they were valued at triple what we paid, I have no hesitation in recommending anyone to purchase gold from this man , he is honest to the last and will always do his best to find you the right piece.

Edited: 10:56 am, April 12, 2014
38. Re: Gold, shops or gold centres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations